Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 49,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] FASTBOOT flash recovery remote: not allowed (update boot.img and system.img

Tip us?

zomgitsanoob
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellvone View Post
factory, reset then try again
Have to get to work soon. I kept the pl80img.zip on the flash drive and just added .bkp to the filename, so I should be able to use file explorer to remove the extension, go to hboot and go stock at any time.

When I tried installing the .zip, here's what twrp (which I put back on via goo) gave me:
(I renamed the file to update.zip)
Code:
updating partition details...
Installing '/sdcard/update.zip
Checking for MD5 file...
Skipping MD5 Check: no MD5 file found.
assert failed: check_cid(getprop("ro.cid"). "000
          "2222222222" , "33333333" , "44444444" , "5
          "7777777" , "88888888" , "99999999" , "C
e:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/update.zip'
Updating partition details
(clearly, the text continues off the screen.)

My CID is 11111111 (superCID, as provided by either yourself of modding.my.mind , IIRC)

I'm no coder, but it almost looks like that's where it's seeing a problem? Do I need to go back to default CID for the update?

I'll put the recovery back to stock, o a factory reset, and try again when I get a chance and post the results.

I notice that, despite going stock boot, the bloatware didn't all return. Is that because we failed to succesfully flash the system image?

It occurs to me the .zip could have been corrupted. Tonight or tomorrow (my pc is dead, so I have to use one someplace else), I'll recreate the PL80IMG.zip with the 2.2 images from earlier in this thread using 7zip and try again (it takes a while to redownload that system.img)

zomgitsanoob
Old
(Last edited by zomgitsanoob; 12th January 2014 at 01:51 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18

Okay, since fastboot freezes the pc, I added the default android-info.txt from here and created the PL80IMG.zip via 7-zip

It's in HBoot updating system right now...

edit:: it goes back and forth between updating and unzipping... is that normal? How long should I wait for the entire proccess? I realize it's more than a gig, fso it makes sense that it could a little while

edit:: okay.. both say ok.... power button reboot...

*crosses fingers*

Okay, looks good! Thank you, sir! I now oew you two pints

Now to go find out how to disable Tell HTC...
The Following User Says Thank You to zomgitsanoob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

russellvone
Old
Thanks Meter 806

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgitsanoob View Post
Okay, since fastboot freezes the pc, I added the default android-info.txt from here and created the PL80IMG.zip via 7-zip

It's in HBoot updating system right now...

edit:: it goes back and forth between updating and unzipping... is that normal? How long should I wait for the entire proccess? I realize it's more than a gig, fso it makes sense that it could a little while

edit:: okay.. both say ok.... power button reboot...

*crosses fingers*
hey, check out the index thread by old.splatterhand

it's got official RUU with 4.2.2 cricket

Modding.MyMind
Old
(Last edited by Modding.MyMind; 12th January 2014 at 02:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,566

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgitsanoob View Post

Now to go find out how to disable Tell HTC...
You can disable it by freezing, deleting the udove system apk and odex file. Or by adding an extension like .apk.pka and .odex.dexo.

However, I recently restored my device with my twrp backup so the 'Tell HTC' would appear under settings. I took my stock boot.img and unpacked it. Then I unpacked the ramdisk. I opened up the default.prop file using 920 text editor on my device and changed ro.secure to 0 instead of 1 and for the other ones listed I changed from 0 to 1. I repacked the boot.img and pushed it to my device. I rebooted and 'Tell HTC' was still there. I left my phone alone and didn't actually check again until the following morning and 'Tell HTC' was disabled; no longer there anymore. I do not know how long it took to take affect and it become disable but I repeated the steps by restoring my device again to try and duplicate the process to removing it again. It worked.

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Even better, after 'Tell HTC' became disabled I was able to restore just my stock boot.img and it still remained disabled lol.

Sent from my K2_CL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_hunter
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Greetings,

Please help with similar problem:
fastboot flash recovery d:\Downloads\TWRP_v2.7.1.1_P780_ROW_KK\recovery.im g
sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.230s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote:
partition 'recovery' not support flash)
finished. total time: 0.267s
(I'm on rooted Lenovo P780 with Android 4.4.2 (if it helps)).

Best regards...

Modding.MyMind
Old
Thanks Meter 1,566

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by _hunter View Post
Greetings,

Please help with similar problem:
fastboot flash recovery d:\Downloads\TWRP_v2.7.1.1_P780_ROW_KK\recovery.im g
sending 'recovery' (6144 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.230s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED (remote:
partition 'recovery' not support flash)
finished. total time: 0.267s
(I'm on rooted Lenovo P780 with Android 4.4.2 (if it helps)).

Best regards...
Well just so you are aware, you are currently over at HTC One SV. I recommend heading over it your devices forums. With that said, I do not know if your device has a locked bootloader or not. If it does, then this may be your problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Modding.MyMind For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]