Google Play Newsstand 3.3 Brings Material Design Makeover

In a clear break from the previous practice of delivering nearly weekly Google … more

App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

[Q] [NOOB] Help building custom ROM for S5 G900H

1st June 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #11  
Flag Lucifer's City
Thanks Meter: 24

252 posts
More
i dont think that will we have any custom rom for our model

but according with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=168 @Shohat told me that he will release custom rom until end of may,,but nothing..
maybe he is busy
2nd June 2014, 12:11 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 873

1,283 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboner

i dont think that will we have any custom rom for our model

but according with this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=168 @Shohat told me that he will release custom rom until end of may,,but nothing..
maybe he is busy

I wouldn't bet *anything* on it being released, it looks to me like an abandoned project...
The whole 'I can't work on this because I don't have money' turned me off instantly from that ROM.

On topic: I have been working on a custom kernel for our device, mainly trying to improve battery life. I'm still testing, if it's worth it, I can release it.
It's based on the contributions of others, so it wouldn't be fair for me to keep it private, I just don't want to release something that will break stuff.
6th September 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #13  
Flag Tucumán
Thanks Meter: 160

561 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindol81

Hey guys

I'm currently working on my first custom ROM mainly because there are currently no ROM for the dreaded G900H (aka Exynos) version. For this, I already downloaded a stock ROM and created my environment using Android Kitchen. So here are my questions:

1. I was able to follow and execute all the instructions to extract the custom ROM, install root and busybox. But first... is Android Kitchen even compatible with Galaxy S5?

2. Is it important to keep the CSC info on the new ROM? How can I backup current CSC info from my stock (carrier provided) S5?

3. How probable is to brick the phone if I flash a very alpha ROM as the one I'm supposedly cooking? I already have a nandroid and EFS backup

Thanks in advance for your answer and patience.

1 - yes.
2 - make an nandroid before
3 - if you have a brick, restore from your nandroid and ready again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rom g900h
Previous Thread Next Thread