Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Klick Quick Button / 360 Quick Button

Tip us?

xdaDemiGod
Old
(Last edited by xdaDemiGod; 30th August 2014 at 10:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 15
Default This item is a fail!

Ok, so I have ordered 8 of these things from four different vendors from ebay, to amazon, to DX, to gearbest! Here is what I have found out. This thing sucks nad does not work properly for the Note 3 running KitKat 4.4.2 All four versions I have don't work good at all. I have used the Klick app as well as the 360 app and simply put, it fails on the Note 3. A couple of the versions I have when I long press opens up S-voice for no reason. And thats about it.

I will say this though, these things work perfectly in my wife's Galaxy Note 10.1 for some reason running 4.1.2 Everything works perfect as it should using the Klick app or the 360 app. So it seems that the problem either lies in the Note 3 hardware, or in android 4.4.2

Lastly, it's seems these things are a novelty more than anything else. Even being on the galaxy note 10.1 it barely sees any use, as we have 5 shortcuts on the lockscreen that are actually way quicker to use than pressing this little thingy!

All in all, I say dont waste your money!

Or if you do, I will tell you something to buy that is actually worth a few bucks and gets lot of use: RGB Sound Controlled Rotating Disco Light Bulb. If you do order it, remember to thank me when you get it and everyone says how cool it is. And it's cheap! Waste your money on this, as it will actually be well worth it. I even put one in my son's bedroom as this light is so cool everyone loves it!

jigsawcrank
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I personaly use it only to keep the dirt away form the headphone jack

thinhletien
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by makavelisk View Post
It adds an extra hardware button on your phone though the headphone jack. The Xiaomi Mikey will only work on Xiaomi phones that have Miui OS. Not sure if you could find the apk to make this work for the Note.

I have a Pressy on order but would cancel if this would actually work for us.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
100% work for anyphone. Just download an app from Market, and install it to your phone. So you good to go. The only 1 problem is the app in chinese at all, but very simple, not to hard to use. My friends used this one on his M7, G3, Z1 already
Cheerssssss

ippocampos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhletien View Post
100% work for anyphone. Just download an app from Market, and install it to your phone. So you good to go. The only 1 problem is the app in chinese at all, but very simple, not to hard to use. My friends used this one on his M7, G3, Z1 already
All in the forum write the opposite...please explain and don't write something that isn't true. The basic think is to help each other to find solutions and not to just post words

Huawei lppocampos

kalya1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinhletien View Post
dude , look at this :
phones where not work XIAOMI Mi3 and TRONSMART TS7 android 4.2.2 stock rom

Pierre118
Old
Thanks Meter 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by ippocampos View Post
All in the forum write the opposite...please explain and don't write something that isn't true. The basic think is to help each other to find solutions and not to just post words

Huawei lppocampos
It is working without any problems on my N9005 Note 3. There is already a English translation for the Klick button app. Google for it.
Galaxy Note 3 N9005, @tkari4 XXUFNF4 MultiX v1.4, rooted, Knox 0x1

bogdatov
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I ordered one for $0.39 free shipping or $2.02 w/o code
http://www.gearbest.com/cables-adapter/pp_58618.html
promo code: GBSMR

Works with Klick app on Galaxy S4