Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,702 Members 53,818 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[q] s4 i9295 kitkat???

Tip us?

pasanen
Old
(Last edited by pasanen; 13th June 2014 at 07:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by endl3ssx View Post
Yes I have done it.

I also have the NEE (Nordic) S4 Active, I tried both with the Stock 4.4.2 NEE from Samfirmware.com and the PHN 4.4.2 ROM of mythi's.
I am now running CarbonRom 4.4.2, and also tried to restore 4.2.2 Stock.

The only downside being that if you install 4.4.2 and restore a custom ROM after that you will get a red line when booting saying "KERNEL IS NOT SEANDROID ENFORCING".

So you can go ahead full speed and try it, works like a charm!
Okay!
My problem is that only updates what i have installed are samsung stock updates, so i haven't never used odin or flashed anything in my phone.
After i updatet my phone to 4.4,2. ( i think it was last week) some of apps stopped to work
Now i'd like to downgrade it back.
I found some instructions that only thing that i have to do is flsh 4.2.2 with odin and i'm back to jb.... it did not work. And now i' back to kk...
But if i use your instructions to root my stock 4.4,2 and after that i flash stock 4.2,2 NEE Rom i' m back to JB.
Can you also type simplified instructions (with downloadlinks) how to do it... it's my first time.
Thanks so much!!!

rpuica79
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default revert to 4.2.2

hello,
i have a GT-I9295
i have updated from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2 PDA: I9295XXUCNH2 released 7 aug. via odin 3.09
had to do a factory reset to get wifi working, etc..
i then wanted to revert back to 4.2, but i couldn't, and still can't... i did the following:

- flash with odin the 4.2 from sammobile: error: NAND Write Start!!.....<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed. soft brik, Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.
- tried to reflash the 4.4 firmware i already had with odin...same error.
- couldnt boot the phone again untill i flashed cwm 6.0.5.0
- installed carbon rom from cwm no problem. did reset, wipe cahe, format system, etc. i now have the not seandroid enforcing message when booting and entering recovery, but everything works.
- tried to flash again with odin the 4.2 official, still no luck. same error right after nand write.

i remember downgrading from 4.4 PDA: I9295XXUCNE4 to 4.2 PDA: I9295XXUBML3 with no problems a while back on my other i9295 via odin.
is the bootloader different in this version of 4.4 i flashed than the one i flashed a while back?
the weird thing is that i get the same write failure with reflashing 4.4 with odin.

any thoughts?
thank you