Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,459 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIX TESTED AND WORKING!] 4.2.2,4.3 AND 4.4.2!!! WIFI, GPS, IMEI & Baseband repair

Tip us?

mataflakitas
Old
Thanks Meter 654
Siii estoy en mexico monterrey

Enviado desde mi SM-G900A mediante Tapatalk

MechaBouncer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Hello. I am on the NE3 firmware for my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537).

I used this guide to install the MF1 modem to my phone via Odin 3.07. Everything went smoothly and I instantly noticed an improvement in cellular data performance. Things just load faster. WiFi is about the same as it was, which can be a little spotty compared to the 4.2.2 firmwares. It's been that way since the 4.3 ML2 update.

The big problem I'm having (and I noticed something like this with ML2 and NE3) is that my Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car kit kills the phone audio (no sending or receiving) after the first call I take or make. I'm not even sure if it's connecting or not as it doesn't ring, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me. Rebooting the phone is the only thing that seems to fix it.

I have a few questions on this.

1. The modem shouldn't have any effect on the Bluetooth functionality, correct? Any problem with that would be related to other parts of the firmware, right?

2. Is WiFi controlled by the modem?

3. Did MF3 use the same modem as MF1? I recall that firmware being the best in terms of cellular data and WiFi performance.

4. If I wanted to revert the changes and go back to the NE3 modem, would I just flash the CP part of the firmware back using Odin? Or does that include more than just the modem?

Thanks!
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Urban Gray (SGH-I537) with 4.4.2 I537UCUCNE3 and ROOTED thanks to geohot's towelroot.

Previous:
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY R800a on AT&T running Android 2.3.4 (North American Generic 4.0.2.A.0.42), 8x55A-AAABQMAZM-20302204-36 baseband, and rooted using the SuperOneClick (zergRush) method.

TransformixS4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaBouncer View Post
Hello. I am on the NE3 firmware for my AT&T Galaxy S4 Active (SGH-i537).

I used this guide to install the MF1 modem to my phone via Odin 3.07. Everything went smoothly and I instantly noticed an improvement in cellular data performance. Things just load faster. WiFi is about the same as it was, which can be a little spotty compared to the 4.2.2 firmwares. It's been that way since the 4.3 ML2 update.

The big problem I'm having (and I noticed something like this with ML2 and NE3) is that my Jabra SP700 Bluetooth car kit kills the phone audio (no sending or receiving) after the first call I take or make. I'm not even sure if it's connecting or not as it doesn't ring, I can't hear anyone, and they can't hear me. Rebooting the phone is the only thing that seems to fix it.

I have a few questions on this.

1. The modem shouldn't have any effect on the Bluetooth functionality, correct? Any problem with that would be related to other parts of the firmware, right?

2. Is WiFi controlled by the modem?

3. Did MF3 use the same modem as MF1? I recall that firmware being the best in terms of cellular data and WiFi performance.

4. If I wanted to revert the changes and go back to the NE3 modem, would I just flash the CP part of the firmware back using Odin? Or does that include more than just the modem?

Thanks!
I don't think it has to do with the modem.
Does your car kit have Bluetooth 4? if so I guess you need android 4.3+ modem not MF1.
MF3 did not use the same modem but MF2 did with the MF2 name in the system.
You can try to flash like this:
Attach the CSC first then the CP then flash. And if that won't work I guess you'll need to attach the CSC then CP then AP.
Good Luck!
-TransformixS4
Galaxy Note 3 and 4.4 KitKat Thread

MechaBouncer
Old
(Last edited by MechaBouncer; 15th August 2014 at 04:07 AM.) Reason: Additional info
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransformixS4 View Post
I don't think it has to do with the modem.
Does your car kit have Bluetooth 4? if so I guess you need android 4.3+ modem not MF1.
MF3 did not use the same modem but MF2 did with the MF2 name in the system.
You can try to flash like this:
Attach the CSC first then the CP then flash. And if that won't work I guess you'll need to attach the CSC then CP then AP.
Good Luck!
-TransformixS4
The SP700 is OLD. I've had it for years. It's only Bluetooth 1.1 and just barely supports A2DP (but I have Media disabled on it and I've tested with and without this setting and it makes no difference). It worked great with MF3, but has had problems since ML2 and is just broken now with NE3. Maybe it's just time I replace it outright. I still think this is stupid and wish I could just get MF3 back.

Last night I used 7-Zip and extracted the modem.bin from the NE3 CP Odin file and reflashed that. Baseband now shows NE3 again. I managed to get two Bluetooth calls before it broke again. Yay progress.

Thanks for the help, though.

EDIT:
I also have a Jabra BT620s that uses Bluetooth 1.2 that I will further test with. I'm also debating wiping the phone outright to make sure there isn't a problem, but that is such a pain and Samsung and Google keep making it harder and harder to preserve my data when I do so. So I'm saving that as a last resort. All else fails, I'm going to AT&T to see what they will do about it. We'll see how it goes.

EDIT2:
Same results with the BT620s. First call works fine. After that, all call audio is dead. I'm going to backup everything and reflash stock NE3 on it to wipe everything and then test again. It's the only way I can be absolutely sure it's not something I installed.

EDIT3:
It appears that flashing back to stock has corrected the bluetooth issue as far as I can tell. Now comes the hard part of slowly reinstalling my apps to see if one of them caused the problem. This is going to take some time. Thanks again for the help, though!
Current:
Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Urban Gray (SGH-I537) with 4.4.2 I537UCUCNE3 and ROOTED thanks to geohot's towelroot.

Previous:
Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY R800a on AT&T running Android 2.3.4 (North American Generic 4.0.2.A.0.42), 8x55A-AAABQMAZM-20302204-36 baseband, and rooted using the SuperOneClick (zergRush) method.

AldoBrea
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have NE3, and my phone shows no imei when I check using *#06#...

Does this works on NE3? and how do I exactly flash the files? I'm new to all this..
The Following User Says Thank You to AldoBrea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]