Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,050 Members 43,002 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cyanogenmod 11 -accessibility problem (stop voice activation!)

Tip us?

faysalking7
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cyanogenmod 11 -accessibility problem (stop voice activation!)

Dear all,

I have a serious problem. I have activated the speaking (for blind people) option from the accessibility button in the option menu (dont ask me why). Now I hear a loud voice repeating every step or button I press. I cannot turn it off. When I go the option menu I cannot scroll down in order to get to the accessibility button to switch the voice activation (for blind people) off.

I have downloaded Cyanogenmode 11 for samsung galaxy s4 I9505.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Is there another way to get to the accessibility button?

Thanks in advance!

a24kgoldphoto
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face IT WORKS no hammer needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by faysalking7 View Post
Dear all,

I have a serious problem. I have activated the speaking (for blind people) option from the accessibility button in the option menu (dont ask me why). Now I hear a loud voice repeating every step or button I press. I cannot turn it off. When I go the option menu I cannot scroll down in order to get to the accessibility button to switch the voice activation (for blind people) off.

I have downloaded Cyanogenmode 11 for samsung galaxy s4 I9505.

Does anyone know how to solve this? Is there another way to get to the accessibility button?

Thanks in advance!
JUST found your answer!!! Wen in settings touch screen on BOTH sides with a finger and slide both fingers UP and the rest of settings becomes AVAILABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just did the same thing to try and test a keyboard problem that was typing lots of extra letters that now with voice seems to be gone but the #$%^&*(*&^ voice is making use almost impossible!...
PLEASE let me know if you have come up with a solution short of a Hammer...
Regards
Don