[Q] SIM/RUIM Card is Locked

9th April 2014, 01:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
I was recently playing with some of the Samsung Galaxy Secret Codes and appear to have entered one that locked my SIM (see attached screenshot). The phone still works, but I have to enter the unlock pin every time I reboot the phone. I've searched all over and tried many different things (including the *#0011# menu) and nothing seems to work. Recently did a factory reset and took it into the Sprint store to reflash the software and still getting the message. Is there a code I can enter to get to an unlock screen? Please advise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SIM-RUIM Locked.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	2675882  
Last edited by TetterkeT; 9th April 2014 at 01:30 AM.
9th April 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

50 posts
More
you have just set PIN on your sim , you can always disable it, i believe the option is in settings - security - sim lock. btw it is always wise to use a PIN unless you forget it!! plus this related to your service provider and flashing and resetting the cell won't work , if the sim is locked by a PIN it will always ask for it even when you put it in a different cell.
Last edited by dovakinn; 9th April 2014 at 07:28 AM.
9th April 2014, 08:54 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 231

721 posts
More
Yeah, its a security implemented on the SIM card not on your phone.
7th September 2014, 06:09 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovakinn

you have just set PIN on your sim , you can always disable it, i believe the option is in settings - security - sim lock. btw it is always wise to use a PIN unless you forget it!! plus this related to your service provider and flashing and resetting the cell won't work , if the sim is locked by a PIN it will always ask for it even when you put it in a different cell.

I have not found an option anywhere in the phone to disable the SIM lock. Please advise.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread