Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 39,329 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Losing wifi passwords

Tip us?

wimbelgium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by siavash2death View Post
All of you think you have the worst problem.So take a look at my problem to know what "THE WORST" problem really means!!:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...rnels-t2850899
Nobody in this topic says that, but it is also a problem that has to be solved even if it isn't the worst problem. Thanks for your remark ;-(

siavash2death
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimbelgium View Post
Nobody in this topic says that, but it is also a problem that has to be solved even if it isn't the worst problem. Thanks for your remark ;-(
Yes.You're right. .I hope someone could help me. Strange thing about my problem is that I have this problem with Stock Kernels, not Custom Kernels. and I have 2 problems instead of 1 (Like you and other users). And it seems that I'm the only one who has this problem.

Afrosheen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Losing wifi passwords on SG5

Here is my dilemma. I've rooted the phone and looked at the wpa_supplicant.conf file with Root Explorer. Now when I connect to my router the network shows up fine. The psk number is not the correct number/password that I put in.

The line says: psk- 5391587b25ee56324ed273114c137303. When ever I put the correct password in this is what shows up.

When I reboot the phone I have to enter the correct password and it connects but doesn't save it in the psk I believe.

I also have an Lg 8" tablet that I've rooted and when I look at the same file it shows the correct password.

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW when I disconnect from the router and leave the house and return the phone will connect to the router.

Thanks in advance.

herpi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I did Firmware-update N9005XXUGNG1 today.

So I switched my sync back on etc etc.

Lets see if my WIFI settings will stay.

Huib
HTC SHIFT --TytnII--MacBook Air--Qosmio WMCE--Wii--Xbox--TouchPro--TouchPro 2-Galaxy sII

diamand12
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have installed N9005XXUGNG1 2 days ago already, and since then it seems that the Wifi password are kept and not being deleted.
Did Samsung really solve the problem? time will tell...

herpi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
10 days now without problems..
I think it is has been solved in N9005XXUGNG1.

Huib

BTW, this Note 3 is my first smartphone, departing from the Nokia 9100, via the Symbian hell, short period of Windows Mobile crap, and small bugs in the Galaxy S2, that did not give me any problems whatsoever. (minus Wifi )
HTC SHIFT --TytnII--MacBook Air--Qosmio WMCE--Wii--Xbox--TouchPro--TouchPro 2-Galaxy sII

wimbelgium
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpi View Post
10 days now without problems..
I think it is has been solved in N9005XXUGNG1.
Same here...

MrDayOff©
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpi View Post
Also possible on a non rooted note 3?

Would be of a great help, but just cannot find that file. even with hidden files enabled.

Huib
Huib,

You can find that file to backup (and restore) here:
etc\wifi\wpa_supplicant.conf

herpi
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks, but I found it in system/etc...not DATA, but that was in April this year.

The WIFIproblem seems to be solved now

Huib