Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,752 Members 39,816 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] [Splitfus2] [Cygwin] How To install Cygwin/Splitfus2 To Split Stock Firmware

Tip us?

marcussmith2626
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by chan75 View Post
Thanks for the help. But the phone is not coming up on odin. I have installed the drivers. The phone has put on Android system recovery <3e> an it is not activated on debugging mode because cannot switch on the phone to activate it.

I have tried copying the split files to the sd card but no luck.

may be i am doing something wrong here.

any help?
What else i can do?
Odin uses download mode NOT recovery mode

You enter download mode by turning phone off or pulling the battery then press and hold vol down and home button then with those pressed also hold the power button
Connect the usb to pc then press vol up to start connection and open odin

Please search for how to use odin

Also instructions can be found on my firmware thread for galaxy y - link on first post and in my signature

You also need Samsung usb drivers installed - again link on my firmware thread

My Work And Threads For Galaxy Y GT-S5360

My PM is not a Question & Answer thread - Dont treat it as such!

chan75
Old
(Last edited by chan75; 26th August 2014 at 01:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Galaxy Ace

Thanks for the reply. I managed to get to the downloading mode but cannot get it connected to the PC. I tried updating the drive but it on device manager it is saying got installed the proper driver. I am not sure what to do to get it connected to the pc.

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by chan75 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I managed to get to the downloading mode but cannot get it connected to the PC. I tried updating the drive but it on device manager it is saying got installed the proper driver. I am not sure what to do to get it connected to the pc.
read the full instructions on my firmware thread which has the link to the correct usb driver and what to do if you are using windows 8.1 - cant help you anymore than that - if its not showing a connection in odin you haven't got the drivers installed/user error or have a faulty usb cable/port

galaxys s
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
read the full instructions on my firmware thread which has the link to the correct usb driver and what to do if you are using windows 8.1 - cant help you anymore than that - if its not showing a connection in odin you haven't got the drivers installed/user error or have a faulty usb cable/port
hi @Recognized Contributor I run cygwin error - now I want to remove cygwin packages folder in my pc xp to reinstall, how to ??? please help me - big thanks

marcussmith2626
Old
Thanks Meter 2,405
Quote:
Originally Posted by galaxys s View Post
hi @Recognized Contributor I run cygwin error - now I want to remove cygwin packages folder in my pc xp to reinstall, how to ??? please help me - big thanks
just delete the folder or uninstall the programme if its in the add/remove programmes list and run the setup again as per instructions on op

chan75
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcussmith2626 View Post
Thanks for the help.

Finally I managed to get life to my phone. The mistake I done was using Odin 4.38 and not 3.07. After installing that it worked perfectly. Thanks again

orbitA13
Old
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Awesome work!! Great Software. Easy to follow instructions! Thanks pushed on two threads, and Thank you again here for your work.
My Phones: SGP GT-S5300 & SGP GT-S5301
MY WORK

ROM: DarkOrbit ROM v 4.5 By: Me (orbit)
DarkOrbit ROM is a Modified STOCK ROM (S5300XXLJ4) for the SGP GT-S5300
Kernels Used: vM00Kernelv1.10 By vM00| Getux_Kernel_v1.5 By:cleverior.ipul | Infuzion#2 By: _pxD.aa
Full Credits: To be given once DarkOrbit ROM v4.5 has been officially posted and released!
Hit The Thanks Button If I Helped, It's 100% FREE!

Tags
cygwin, splitfus2, stock firmware