Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

locked bootloader

OP meningitiscerebrospinalis

28th August 2014, 03:37 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 60

354 posts
Just be aware that the first thing that will stop working with an unlocked bootloader will be Netflix HD. I don't have Prime so can't comment on that.
You will be limited to 720x480 resolution - 1750kbps.
28th August 2014, 07:09 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 381

456 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumst1x

Thanks for answering Happy to hear that people are still trying this. I'm wondering, once Android TV is released, the hardware on this device seems to be pretty powerful and it might be a great experience, if we can figure out how to get it on there.

Good luck, rbox! And thx for the xposed mods

I was able to find the best spot to do the 2nd init, and it seemed to be working, but unfortunately I'm having some problems getting TWRP to actually display even though I'm doing exactly the same thing I did with clockwork. Luckily it's a long weekend, so I should have some time to debug it.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rbox For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th August 2014, 06:09 PM   |  #13  
Flag san diego
Thanks Meter: 10

37 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbox

I was able to find the best spot to do the 2nd init, and it seemed to be working, but unfortunately I'm having some problems getting TWRP to actually display even though I'm doing exactly the same thing I did with clockwork. Luckily it's a long weekend, so I should have some time to debug it.

thank you for the work u put into this device. i got it a few days back and have it decked out i hope by the end of summer this device will have a working recovery and maybe a rom or 2
7th September 2014, 03:50 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 8

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLran619

thank you for the work u put into this device. i got it a few days back and have it decked out i hope by the end of summer this device will have a working recovery and maybe a rom or 2

Summer only has a couple of weeks left... I also hope we can crack the bootloafer or at least get boot strap or something similar working, but I am not going to hold my breath. I AM very happy with how well it is working though, especially as an xbmc/kodi box! Hope we can get the mic button working in kodi.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread