Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,083 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Activate & Unlock International GSM for Unactivated Sprint Galaxy S5

Tip us?

ecs87
Old
Thanks Meter 503
A) There is NO unlock code (dunno why you guys keep calling it a code...)
B) The unlock is done OTA
C) So far, no one has figured it out
D) You can activate the phone abroad using some clever tricks in DFS cdma tool, but this does nothing for GSM/unlock.

Also where did you hear it was stored in nv ram? Not discrediting you, but I've done FULL backups of nv items up to 65535 and restored them to another phone without any success. Unless it's in one of the handful of locked nv items...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
If I or others have helped you out, don't forget to hit the Thanks button for us!

ezeuba
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecs87 View Post
A) There is NO unlock code (dunno why you guys keep calling it a code...)
B) The unlock is done OTA
C) So far, no one has figured it out
D) You can activate the phone abroad using some clever tricks in DFS cdma tool, but this does nothing for GSM/unlock.

Also where did you hear it was stored in nv ram? Not discrediting you, but I've done FULL backups of nv items up to 65535 and restored them to another phone without any success. Unless it's in one of the handful of locked nv items...

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Free mobile app
Perhaps you can take a look at this [GUIDE] SUCCESS!!! SIM-Unlock Sprint XT1056 (Sim-CRACK) and see what can be done, if at all possible. Just a thought...
I have a MOTO X - XT1049 (SIM Unlocked - The XDA way...) with talk, text and 3G data flashed to
And a Nokia Lumia 822 on MTN Nigeria
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Phones
MOTO X - XT1049 & Nokia Lumia 822
Current ROM
Stock 4.4.4 & Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview
The Following User Says Thank You to ezeuba For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KTrainESO
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Talking SMG900P sim unlock work around

Hello,

I have managed to unlock my SM900P (Sprint Galaxy S5) to use my Verizon sim. I only have 3G capabilities at the moment, unless someone knows how to activate the 4G or LTE. I will post what I did to get my Verizon sim to work. The phone is rooted and has the MOAR rom installed.

Here are the tools that I used (AND BIG THANKS to all the developers that helped)

BusyBox Free
SuperSu
Shortcut Master

Please be patient with me. I am about to go through my phone and post the settings I made step by step.

jodhaaa
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I just created a bounty thread for SIM unlock Sprint Galaxy S5(SM-G900P). Support it, if you are interested. That might help things to get little speed up.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/spri...l-sim-t2832927

mprodani2003
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrainESO View Post
Hello,

I have managed to unlock my SM900P (Sprint Galaxy S5) to use my Verizon sim. I only have 3G capabilities at the moment, unless someone knows how to activate the 4G or LTE. I will post what I did to get my Verizon sim to work. The phone is rooted and has the MOAR rom installed.

Here are the tools that I used (AND BIG THANKS to all the developers that helped)

BusyBox Free
SuperSu
Shortcut Master

Please be patient with me. I am about to go through my phone and post the settings I made step by step.
Hi, is your unlock mode only for verizon or other carriers?

Please can you show me how you did it?

Thanks,

Mathias
Tags
galaxy s5, samsung, sprint, unactivated, unlock