Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

US T-Mobile to possibly get LTE 8.4 Tab Pro with Voice

Tip us?

CaveCreeker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Tmobile LTE Support in US

Quote:
Originally Posted by crpalmer View Post
The lte devices don't have the bands used in the USA for lte.
So I called T-Mobile tech support and they claim that the frequencies listed in the specs for the "phone" would work on LTE here in the US. Sure hope they are right.

flinttownbrown
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveCreeker View Post
So I called T-Mobile tech support and they claim that the frequencies listed in the specs for the "phone" would work on LTE here in the US. Sure hope they are right.
From what I can tell, the device does not support AWS band 4 (1700/2100) on LTE so I don't think it will work on their refarmed network.

I do see that it supports 1900 MHz PCS so you should be able to get H+ (non LTE "4G") in an area that's refarmed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. This is the only thing holding me back from buying it right now...

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

efanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Yeah I went to Chesapeake VA. Which is mostly a 4G area. I only got H+ . So I take it you guys are right, this tablet doesn't work on t-mobile's 4G network

Sent from my SM-T325 using XDA Free mobile app

kable
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 60
A voice version with US LTE bands has not been released yet.

Sent from my C6833_GPe using Tapatalk
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6806 Android 4.4.4 GPe
Sony Smartwatch 2
Samsung Galaxy Gear w/ Tizen

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013

CaveCreeker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kable View Post
A voice version with US LTE bands has not been released yet.

Sent from my C6833_GPe using Tapatalk
Guess we will have to wait until if "officially" gets released by T-Mobile here in the states. I thought I read an article somewhere saying that when they did release it, it would be re-worked for 4G LTE. I just hope they truly include the voice capability or else I have no interest.

Note10.1Dude
Old
Thanks Meter 19
I was noticing 2100 MHz but not 1700/2100 is listed as supported. I'm probably going to wait for a Nexus 8 device at this point to get LTE (have a Nexus 7 and a Note 10.1(2014) in the household at the moment) but still holding onto this (or the Note S 8.4 that appears to have the same bands) as an option if we don't get a Nexus 8 LTE by the end of 2014.

LowaEastSide
Old
(Last edited by LowaEastSide; 8th September 2014 at 01:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 90
Thumbs up Yes, what has been posted is CORRECT.

i am also running my T325 on T-Mobile, and I have a Unlimited LTE Plan with the carrier, However the Highest i have gotten on my PHABLET is H+, and on my Note 3 i get FULL LTE, so with that said these PHABLETS DO NOT have ACSESS to the LTE Band. Futher more, when i purchased the device in the US the Company that sold it to me was Honest enough to tell me that I WILL NOT be getting LTE in the US, that only over Seas receive LTE. I was upset but bought it anyway for the simple fact that I have the Note 3 and was Buying it to use it through Wifi cause i have my Note 3 set up with Unlimited Tethering without my carrier knowing a thing ( ), I also figured why Buy the Tab Wifi only when i have the option to get Voice + Wifi for a few more Bucks, Makes CENTS to me, just in case i loose or Brake my Note 3 I have a Backup with My Lovely Galaxy Tab Pro T325. Its a Win Win if you ask me, and when I do use it as a phone (With OUT a Bluetooth, or Headset) PPL be like WTF, is it really a Phone, and start asking mr 50,000 questions, so you will be surprised how many ppl would be willing to use this device as a phone, i know i can care less what ppl say, I CANTTT use them small A$$ Apple devices, just CANTTT do. Just had to throw my 2 Cents out there, Bless to Everyone, One Love..... P.S Theres a GREAT Custom Rom out for our T325, Ive been running it for Bout 5 days now and its 150% better than Stock, Big Up to the Developer ---> Genius319 "YOUR the MAN..!!! Here is the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...gined-t2853454
Retired: But keeping Because its a Classic ------>>>> G1, (Sold) G2, (Sold) My Touch, (Sold) HD 2, (Sold) HD 7, (Gave to my sister) Galaxy Tab P1000, (Sold) HP TouchPad, (Sold) Galaxy S2, (Sold) Galaxy S3, (Sold) Galaxy S4, (Sold) International Galaxy Tab 3 7' (T211), (Gave to my Wife) Note 2, International Galaxy Tab 3 8" T311 (Sold), --->>> Present Devices are the WONDERFUL ------->>>>> Note 3 & International Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4" 4G/LTE (T325)...

C.L. 2 L.E.S..