Changing Nav Bar Buttons in Sense

Search This thread

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
Does Softkeyz allow you to change the functionality of the buttons or just the look? I want to swap the back and recent apps keys on my M8.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

PieceKeepr

Jun 13, 2010
Florida
OnePlus 8 Pro
Does Softkeyz allow you to change the functionality of the buttons or just the look? I want to swap the back and recent apps keys on my M8.

I'm using softkeyz for the looks and gravitybox to do the same thing you're wanting to do, works great!

♠sent by OneM8 via time & space♠

Well I have gravitybox installed but didn't see an option to swap the keys around. I'll have to look again.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Tapatalk

vampir4997

Jul 18, 2010
Or you can can the image in systemui

Attachments

• 1408401349555.jpg
    1408401349555.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 925

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
You really don't wanna use GravityBox... mainly because the dev don't really like anyone who's not using a Nexus. Sense Toolbox will change the functionality of the navbar buttons... GravityBox will too, but a bunch of things don't work. Ironically, on the Galaxy S3, more stuff in GravityBox works in TouchWiz than CM. Yep, even in CM, which is as close to AOSP as you can get without running a Nexus, stuff in GB is broken. Anyway, unless GB has something real special ST doesn't... I'd just stick with ST, provided you're running a Sense ROM, that is. If you're GPE, take your chances with GB. Might work, might not, not sure on that count.

LibertyMonger

Mar 13, 2011
Cincinnati
What about adding extra nav bar soft keys? I am used to owning Nexus phones but loving the new HTC so I went for the M8 this time with no regrets. So far the only thing i am missing is the ability to add up to 6 softkeys. Thanks.

dragontology

Dec 29, 2010
North Carolina
Not in Sense. Various custom ROMs have the ability to add or remove soft keys.

If you really wanna stick with Sense and you don't hate Pie, LMT Launcher (it's not really a launcher) has a decent Pie you can use.

Reactions: LibertyMonger

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SoftKeyZ

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app
    Not in Sense. Various custom ROMs have the ability to add or remove soft keys.

If you really wanna stick with Sense and you don't hate Pie, LMT Launcher (it's not really a launcher) has a decent Pie you can use.