[ROM][HLTE] SlimKat [9-12-2014]

Search This thread

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
when downloading the weekly (HERE), sprint guys grab hltespr and GSM guys grab the same hlte as before ;)

vzw guys, your build failed but is fixed now, you can grab it HERE

The reasoning for the divorce of all hlte's is RIL related. Yes one size fits all builds (unified) were MUCH easier to handle, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

thanks for the support guys/girls! :good:

DonPhelippe

Nov 8, 2011
Athens
Quick question: atm using hlte pure cm11 02 sep nightly. Is there any chance of dirtyflashing this ROM over my current setup and see what it's all about? N9005 hlte version here.

Thank you in advance peeps

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Quick question: atm using hlte pure cm11 02 sep nightly. Is there any chance of dirtyflashing this ROM over my current setup and see what it's all about? N9005 hlte version here.

Thank you in advance peeps

I personally wouldn't dirty flash - I'd just make a nandroid of your current Rom - Factory Reset - Wipe System and Caches - Flash Rom and Gapps - Reboot - Run SlimKat for as long as you like (you may never want to go back to your previous Rom) - If for some reason you decide that SlimKat isn't for you (can't imagine why) - Just Factory Reset - Wipe System and Caches - Restore your Nandroid ?

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
http://slimroms.net/index.php/faqandmanual/slimbean/120-kitkat

Last edited:
Reactions: Whip Cracker

Amitds360

Nov 13, 2012
Anyone have problem with sound distortion. Sound seems to be distorted for me on all Non samy rom. Any solution?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Amitds360

Nov 13, 2012
I am getting another problem. Everytime i click on a video on my FB app my phone restarts. And solution? Or is it working fine for others?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

encho

Jul 10, 2010
This Rom really lives up to its name, slim and clutter free. Feels fast and smooth all over the place. And stable as an extra bonus. Only issue is that stock kernel suffers from that memory leak issue, but all is well when flashing custom kernel. This is first time in months I stuck with one Rom for more than 3 days ;)

Reactions: Richard_10

Richard_10

This Rom really lives up to its name, slim and clutter free. Feels fast and smooth all over the place. And stable as an extra bonus. Only issue is that stock kernel suffers from that memory leak issue, but all is well when flashing custom kernel. This is first time in months I stuck with one Rom for more than 3 days ;)
Which custom kernel do you use ???

Richard_10

Which custom kernel do you use ???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

SlimRoms is a custom android operating system. The main goal is to offer users a slimmed down but still feature rich alternative to other android operating systems.
    The entire SlimTeam work together to bring you this tailor-made beauty straight from Android Open Source Project (AOSP) source code.
    All of the sources can be publicly viewed through GitHub and you can stop by the public Gerrit to submit patches of any type.

SlimKat is the project name for SlimRoms based on Android 4.4 and offers the following original features:
    • The Real Dark Slim
      • Full system-wide dark interfaces. - If you like it smooth and classy.
    • Custom Shortcuts. Everywhere.
      • Hardware keys, Navigation Ring, Navigation Bar, Lockscreen, Tiles, Notifications etc. - We've got you covered.
    • System-Wide Keyboard Controls
      • Rotation, cursor control, optional emoticions, etc. - You'll be tapping away to your heart's content.
    • SlimCenter
      • Downloads, contact information, system app removal. - More fun than you can shake a stick at.
    • Camera Features
      • Trueview, Smart Capture. - Capture life moments with ease.

Important links:

slimroms.net - The official webpage where you find everything you need to know about SlimRoms.

Downloads - Download the rom, gapps and other addons.

Installation instructions - Follow these steps to the letter if you're about to install SlimRoms on your device.

Latest Changelog - Read here if you want information on changes in latest build.

FAQ - The most frequent asked questions with answers.

Kernel Source - The source of your device's kernel.

Get in touch! - Contact SlimRoms at these places if you have questions, requests or feedback.

Google+

Twitter

Facebook

Forum

Disclaimer: SlimRoms are not responsible for any damages to your device.

XDA:DevDB Information
    SlimROMs, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Contributors
    cordell12, Tylog, Slimroms, shaggyskunk
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 7
    Stable Release Date: 2014-08-12
    Current Beta Version: 7.X
    Beta Release Date: 2014-08-26

Created 2014-08-20
    Last Updated 2014-09-19
    anyone brave enough?

ROM Slim 5.0 Alpha http://d-h.st/TyH
    gapps http://www.slimroms.net/index.php/downloads/dlsearch/viewcategory/1251-addons/downloads

i have hltespr working pretty good, but havnt tested hlte as I started work on it only today.
    one more for good measure
    when downloading the weekly (HERE), sprint guys grab hltespr and GSM guys grab the same hlte as before ;)

vzw guys, your build failed but is fixed now, you can grab it HERE

The reasoning for the divorce of all hlte's is RIL related. Yes one size fits all builds (unified) were MUCH easier to handle, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

thanks for the support guys/girls! :good:
    This forum section seems to be the hoppin spot for our Note 3's. I still have a thread in the Sprint section, but since we are Unified this thread will be the only one I check. From time to time you may find a link in this post, link will be a test build that I am currently running on my own device. To report any bugs for these builds, please PM me the logcat/bug reports. Do Not post in the thread about these builds, Thank You.