Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Weird download issues arise (not carrier/wifi related)

Tip us?

Crossvxm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Sign [Q] Weird download issues arise (not carrier/wifi related)

Heres an uncommon problem, little by little I've noticed my LS980's browser based download capabilities deteriorating. What do I mean? Well back when I first had it, it would download anything from the web, and clicking on it would take you to the little download app ALL Androids have. Lately, I've been forced to download using ES File Explorer's built-in downloader. A download page will load up but not begin to download. Now its not my internet connection as i reach a stable 1 megabyte to 2 per second on most downloads, and its not the websites either as many of these websites ive downloaded from since i first got my G2. The OTHER wierd thing is that when a download does fail, clicking it from the notification bar slide down wont take me to the download app. I have no mods installed on my ORIGINAL stock 4.4.2 ZVC rom except root and custom recovery (TWRP 2.7.0.0) as i like to test roms until i find one i like. Could it be something in restoring the nandroid backup when returning from a rom to stock? I always wipe everything needed before flashing and when restoring.

Ironically, i also own a white (pure stock) D802 on 4.4.2 (which caught the dreaded dead spot on the screen) and that one likes to DOUBLE downloads, one will be a dead copy worth no KB's while the other will be the actual.

Maybe software related? Factory reset? Flash back to stock via computer? My G2's just hate me?

I want some suggestions, or feedback from others with similar issues so I know its not just me.
LG G2 (LS980) ***MAIN*** - T-Mobile rom 4.4.2
HTC One (M7wls) - Dirt Unicorn 4.4.4 S-Off + SuperCID
Samsung GS4 (jfltespr) - Stock w/ domestic unlock
HTC One S (S4) - Stock rooted
Nexus 7 32GB (grouper) - MIUI v6
Samsung GS5 (kltespr) - Stock rooted...

(All disowned devices have been removed to shorten signature)

Please consider thanking me with the THANKS button if I have helped you in any way/form/manner.

JrSmilez
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
I'm having the exact same problem. I almost thought I was reading about my phone when I saw this. I hope someone can help with this. I'm stumped.

Designed by dazednconfused

sent from a faithful S3 user with a lg g2 fetish.

Sprint S3
Sprint LG G2

Crossvxm
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrSmilez View Post
I'm having the exact same problem. I almost thought I was reading about my phone when I saw this. I hope someone can help with this. I'm stumped.
I have owned (NO LIE) about a total of 9 G2s, one which was the D802 i mentioned here, the rest which were LS980. Almost half of the G2s have had this issue. Ive also noticed that the ones that have had it also have the "the process com.gapps.blablabla has stopped working" message once after boot. That error message is related to the Downloads app, which makes it a coincidence.

This is no doubt software related.
LG G2 (LS980) ***MAIN*** - T-Mobile rom 4.4.2
HTC One (M7wls) - Dirt Unicorn 4.4.4 S-Off + SuperCID
Samsung GS4 (jfltespr) - Stock w/ domestic unlock
HTC One S (S4) - Stock rooted
Nexus 7 32GB (grouper) - MIUI v6
Samsung GS5 (kltespr) - Stock rooted...

(All disowned devices have been removed to shorten signature)

Please consider thanking me with the THANKS button if I have helped you in any way/form/manner.

JrSmilez
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossvxm View Post
I have owned (NO LIE) about a total of 9 G2s, one which was the D802 i mentioned here, the rest which were LS980. Almost half of the G2s have had this issue. Ive also noticed that the ones that have had it also have the "the process com.gapps.blablabla has stopped working" message once after boot. That error message is related to the Downloads app, which makes it a coincidence.

This is no doubt software related.
Just curious what ROM are you currently on and what were you on before? I have a theory that its related to the kernel issue. By that I mean if you go from zvd to zvc you can loose knock on.
That being said I has sprint(could be part of the issue too) update/refresh on there end and so far it seems to make a difference. Time will tell.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Sprint S3
Sprint LG G2

meangreenie
Old
Thanks Meter 628
1..uninstall es file explorer, then reinstall.. this will remove the default and you will be given a choice on what to download with

2..use opera to download stuff when other browsers fail, Firefox can be good too

JrSmilez
Old
Thanks Meter 396

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrSmilez View Post
Just curious what ROM are you currently on and what were you on before? I have a theory that its related to the kernel issue. By that I mean if you go from zvd to zvc you can loose knock on.
That being said I have sprint(could be part of the issue too) update/refresh on there end and so far it seems to make a difference. Time will tell.

Edit: just an interesting fact about this whole thing. It will just sit there when I try to download something, but if I reboot the phone it will download whatever it is. Discovered that by accident.

Sprint S3
Sprint LG G2
Tags
d802, download, ls980, sprint, weird