Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 45,761 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unlocked G2 no data on AT&T

Tip us?

feelingnerdi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Unlocked G2 no data on AT&T

Hi all!

I unlocked my T-Mobile G2 successfully and took it to AT&T to get on the Go Plan.. The sales rep put in the sim card, money into my account and my call and text is good to go.. however there is no data at all.. I called AT&T CS and they gave me APN settings but still no data.. Ive seen people say they have LTE working on the same set up.. Any advice? Would flashing a stock AT&T G2 Rom work or would i get bricked?

Seems like the phone is compatible and uses similar bands.. At this point I don't care if it is 3G, 4G or LTE.. I just need data lol..

feelingnerdi
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
BUMP

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I have an unlocked T-Mobile LG G2 and it gets data fine on the AT&T Network with H2O (an AT&T MVNO). Double check your APN settings, and make sure data and sync are enabled.

xxflyingarmbarxx
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I got a tmobile G2 on AT&T as well (Cricket mvno) and have no lte. I get 3g speeds which tops out at 2 or 3 mbps but i get no att 4g speed.

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Free mobile app

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I switched to Straight Talk (AT&T network) a few days ago and I get LTE (H2O only had access to the HSPA network of AT&T but not to the LTE or the GSM). Make sure you have LTE enabled in Settings -> Tethering & networks -> Mobile networks -> Network mode

nalanotae
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond12 View Post
I switched to Straight Talk (AT&T network) a few days ago and I get LTE (H2O only had access to the HSPA network of AT&T but not to the LTE or the GSM). Make sure you have LTE enabled in Settings -> Tethering & networks -> Mobile networks -> Network mode
So am I reading this right? You hand a lg d801 (t mobile) on straight talk using an at&t sim and you are getting LTE? The reason I all is because I was fixing to do the same and hand been trying to figure out if I will get lte

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalanotae View Post
So am I reading this right? You hand a lg d801 (t mobile) on straight talk using an at&t sim and you are getting LTE? The reason I all is because I was fixing to do the same and hand been trying to figure out if I will get lte

Yes, I got LTE with a Straight Talk (AT&T network SIM) on the T-Mobile LG D801. I did have 2 issues with the service:
- Every now and then, right after I end a call I would lose signal for a few seconds.
- Once in a while data would stop and I would need to go to airplane mode and back to get it to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to diamond12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nalanotae
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Yes, I got LTE with a Straight Talk (AT&T network SIM) on the T-Mobile LG D801. I did have 2 issues with the service:
- Every now and then, right after I end a call I would lose signal for a few seconds.
- Once in a while data would stop and I would need to go to airplane mode and back to get it to work.
That is awesome to hear thanks for the quick reply. I am really glad to hear that I hope I have the same luck. I have one in layaway at a local trade it store fixing to ditch Verizon in late November coming from a galaxy nexus.

nalanotae
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Are you running custom ROM or stock? What APN settings are you using. Where are you located? Sorry for the 20 questions just trying to get everything lined up and ready to go so when I get my g2 I will be ready to go. I already have all the software to root and flash custom recovery and my unlock code ready. Thanks for any helpful information you can provide

diamond12
Old
Thanks Meter 53
1. Stock
2. apn: tfdata, mmsproxy: mms3.tracfone.com, mmsc: http://mms-tf.net, type: default,supl,mms,fota,hipri,dun
3. Los Angeles area