Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Does "Clean ESN" matter with newer phones

21st July 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #21  
Flag Houston, TX
Thanks Meter: 229

1,357 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _u2pop_

hey guys i got that exactly problem on my s5 verizon and i put a gsm of another carrier (viva) and show up that notification... for that signal work it (mobile data) with your SIM CARD you have to add your carrier APN in the settings>more networks>mobile network>access point names> and touch + and there will add your APN configuration and save it and done be sure you have your WI-FI OFF for show your 4G or H+ or Edge be in white color and enjoy it

the only issues i don't know how to remove the notification permanently

Use titanium backup to remove the setup wizard

Sent from my Galaxy Note S5
The Following User Says Thank You to mexiking713 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd July 2014, 11:13 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking713

thanks bro is working!
Last edited by _u2pop_; 22nd July 2014 at 11:26 AM.
22nd July 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexiking713

hey dude another question please.
i want to be sure if is the slot of the microsd is not working on ir the software have issues cause i re-installed 2 times with odin, and i was looking on the terminal ssh about the microsd is inserted the kernel said me is reading it. but into the software option> storage is not displaying nothing, i tested with 3 microsd with 2GB, 4GB and 8GB, i dont know if is one the pin in the slot is not reading completely on the microsd, or is the android software.. is a galaxy s5 by verizon, thanks.
22nd July 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #24  
Flag Upstate NY
Thanks Meter: 49

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsweetness

As for the original question in this thread - yes, "clean ESN" definitely still matters (although it's technically now the IMEI rather than an ESN).

In fact, it matters even more now than it used to. Previously, if you were talking about a Verizon phone, it only mattered for people wanting to use the phone on Verizon. But now there is a shared IMEI blacklist that Verizon is a part of, so a phone with a blacklisted IMEI on Verizon may not work on any major U.S. carrier.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Nope. Activated it on Verizon first when it was brand new.

After starting the phone with the T-Mobile SIM inserted, did you make sure the phone was in Global or GSM/UMTS mode and then select T-Mobile under Settings -> More Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Network operators?

I have to ask. When using the phone with T-Mobile or AT&T, are you getting 4g speeds or are you stuck on edge or 2g? My understanding was that you could not get 4g speeds from a Verizon device on a US GSM network.
23rd July 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 150

682 posts
More
Does "Clean ESN" matter with newer phones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobson318

I have to ask. When using the phone with T-Mobile or AT&T, are you getting 4g speeds or are you stuck on edge or 2g? My understanding was that you could not get 4g speeds from a Verizon device on a US GSM network.

Yes, I get 4G. I'm currently getting HSPA+ in my area (which AT&T and T-Mobile like t call 4G). 12 Mbps down, 7 Mbps up. LTE pops up from time to time as well depending on where I'm at.

It's not true that you can't get 4G speeds from a Verizon device on a US GSM network. What data speeds you're able to get depend entirely on what GSM and LTE bands are supported by the Verizon device you have (it can differ from device to device) and on having the appropriate APN settings.
Last edited by bsweetness; 23rd July 2014 at 02:53 AM.
7th September 2014, 08:06 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 6

85 posts
Hi can someone please help me i have a Verizon S5 and when i put an active T-Mobile SIM it doesn't work it stays with no bars and no T-Mobile or H+ or LTE even with APN
7th September 2014, 04:37 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 25

183 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banziitox24

Hi can someone please help me i have a Verizon S5 and when i put an active T-Mobile SIM it doesn't work it stays with no bars and no T-Mobile or H+ or LTE even with APN

See #3, You need the following to get T-Mobile service on VZW S5:
1. Good clean IMEI, if you bought phone new great, if bought from CL call Verizon to make sure it's not blocked, then cry.
2. Active TMo SIM card.
3. TMo APN, the one w/ the dash, this one ----> fast.t-mobile.com google this and you'll find the correct apn.
4. TMo service in your area.
5. Pick global as network mode.
8th September 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 3

61 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawmail

See #3, You need the following to get T-Mobile service on VZW S5:
1. Good clean IMEI, if you bought phone new great, if bought from CL call Verizon to make sure it's not blocked, then cry.
2. Active TMo SIM card.
3. TMo APN, the one w/ the dash, this one ----> fast.t-mobile.com google this and you'll find the correct apn.
4. TMo service in your area.
5. Pick global as network mode.

also your verizon s5 will still be dedicated to your org verizons ervice number please do a factory reset before using a tmo or att simcard

i had issues with service because of this myself

couldnt understand why outgoing calls were showing the old verizon number above the numbe ri was calling even tho i have a total diff sim inside just reset the phone and skip setup wizard prompts

hit global mode and wait 1-3 mins for service

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread