Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bell will be carrying the LG G3

Tip us?

joebloggs13
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Good day...I just picked up the g3 from Bell, and am wondering about wireless charging...Talked to Bell, and they don't seem to know...I know the back that the phone ships with only has the standard two pin connection. I am asking this because Rogers variants of the g3 only support PMA charging, like AT&T versions. I am hoping Bell didn't go this route. Does anyone know if the Bell g3 supports Qi charging, or do I have to go with the PMA enabled Circle Case from LG, which people have been having problems with. Thanks

mathsmart
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Every canadians versions cannot use wireless just like at&t even if you buy a wireless kit its not supported ...its bad for us but we also paying the phone a bit less than US market

From Lg G3 "the beast"

Wooba99
Old
Thanks Meter 3
All Canadian models are the same as At&T and support PMA. I don't think it works out the box though.

jellmoo
Old
Thanks Meter 3
The only way I know of is to get the Quick Circle cover with PMA wireless charging capability. I picked up a case off of ebay (after having an issue with an Amazon seller that sent me the wrong case) and a duracell powermat off of Amazon. It works pretty well.

mathsmart
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Oh I taught it was not working at all im really happy if we just have to buy a back cover with the wireless charging sticker on it

From Lg G3 "the beast"

maherj
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
The only way I know of is to get the Quick Circle cover with PMA wireless charging capability. I picked up a case off of ebay (after having an issue with an Amazon seller that sent me the wrong case) and a duracell powermat off of Amazon. It works pretty well.
Same, quite happy with the circle case through ebay with PMA charging. I also bought a powermat off Amazon as well. PM me if you'd like the links I used.