Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,174 Members 36,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who thinks that the Galaxy S5 is a disappointment?

Tip us?

skate4life
Old
(Last edited by skate4life; 8th September 2014 at 05:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 122
Problems with gs5.

1. Phisical button. That is epic fail. (fingerptint sensor? useless for most) .
2. Alarm clock have no puzzle unlock (it's very nice to have that.. you won't close the alarm by mistake when you are too sleepy in the morning.)
3. Knock code from lg or tap to wake from nokia - this is an awesome thing. It's sad that samsung don't have this. Think how easy is to double tab on the screen to open/close the phone. Now..that is impressive for me.
4. Messange sent notification. Again..this is much better built in google/lg soft. If you activate it you get a checkbox on the message that gets checked when the message gets sent. On samsung it needs to bother you into statusbar and vibrate and make noise. I hate that..it's not practical. It's medieval.
5. Last for me.. would be the seetings. The seeteeng are ugly. I need to search everywhere like a foul to find what i need. This ain't smart app. I don't know what samsung thought when they designed the seetings like that. It's just... phew.
6. I hate phones that have camera way out on the back. This phone basicaly seets on the back camera. This sucks.

It's easy to think complicated. The easiest you think..the better results you will get. You all talk about design and other useless ****.. but nobody talks about real matters. It's a smartphone. And a smartphone must be smart. Easy as that. The smarter the better. I don't care what cpu it use, how many ram.. i need performance and smart functions.
Eh.. btw.. those with the design... this "crappy" back of the phone it feels awesome. And the phone fits very good in my hand. (ofc ...the preferences can vary a lot from a person to another..so no comment).

Some pro's that i met at samsung (used lg g pro 2 / lg g / galaxy note 2 for short time)

1. When you call someone it's very nice that you see when you last spoke with that person. That is smart and useful.
2. The screen. Who needs 1440 k on 5.1 inch? Nobody. Because the gs5 screen is awesome as it is.
3. Battery is very generous. My average duration time is around 2.5 days. This is very good for me. (i use the phone most for alarm/music/talking/chatting).
4. Nice applications. I like the ui. And i get bored pretty fast. (like i did with g pro 2 ui).
5. I really like the design. For me it's good.
6. 128 Gb sdcard support. This is awesome. I can go and have fun with 4k camera.

As for me.. this is the first samsung after 3 years of LG. If i see something like knock code / tap to wakeup and no phisical button .. i will be a true samsung fan. Until than.. i'm getting the best from my phone.

Enjoy.
No music ♫ ♪, no life

Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H

Swearing and cursing

Since

Lg Optimus Black P970

schlager P.
Old
Thanks Meter 187

DONATE TO ME
Coming from a one x to aG2 now, I Despise samsung's decision to make a protruding cam, that scratches só easily. Tried to restore it on that htc by polishing, but ended up wasting it! Protruding: utterly useless!

Sent from the den of inequity