Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 49,771 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bad call quality

Tip us?

migidid
Old
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Question Help

My dad bought his when it came out and he had same problem... it is hardware problem and he took it to repair many times and all they did was software reinstall and diagnostics... nothing changed, its too expensive to open waterproof phone and seal it again... its still in repair and as soon it gets back, it goes there again because still... nothing changes... sony has no good service here in Finland so there is nowhere to call and they arent gonna give him new phone until it has been on repair many many times... each repair takes a month to finish so he gets new Z2 in a year... in that time Z3 is out and Z2 price is down to half of what he paid of it then... only way is to return the phone, but its the same, they just do software reinstall and do diagnostics and record audio, and thats fine, but they arent gonna call anyone to hear the real problem... and then they just wont take the phone back... tried...
Device: Sony Xperia Z1 (Honami) Purple Unbranded/Unlocked Stock 4.4 Kitkat, Rooted/Xposed and Locked Bootloader.

Previous Devices: Nokia 3220 -> Sony Ericsson Z550i -> Nokia N95 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 -> HTC Diamond -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Play -> Nokia C3 -> Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S -> Sony Xperia S -> Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (yes used as phone for year) -> HTC One -> Current

vikino
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys,
i have the same problem since first day i bought that piece of crap, it was my favorite phone of all, but after first two calls when friends told me that they cant hear me well and im "pixeling" i was little bit disappointed...Same as no signal, which i had on my HTC One M7 very rare...But with Sony tooks long time to find signal, only thing i have found is to open Quick menu from top and Disable/Enable LTE, immediatelly after that i get signal again...
But call quality still sucks, HTC had noise canceling too, it worked great. I replaced Z2 for brand new one and still the same issues...

V.

DevilNeverSmile
Old
Thanks Meter 0
You try flash fimware and check signal

Geminiu
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgy82 View Post
any news guys???
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuass View Post
Hi...

I got a xperia z2 prototye. model 6503.
Everything is working fine, except the call quality. i can hear and understand very well, but the other person has echoes, and very bad sound..
When I use a heatset, there is no problem. and it is almost good, when I put the phone on the table, with speaker on. The problem is worst, when I hold the phone on my ear..

Is it a hard- or software related problem?

Im now on 17.1.A.2.55

THX

Got prototype with same fault... I replaced motherboard(from non prototype), replaced main flex cable(where mic is), replaced speaker box(mic sits on it), removed membrane from mic hole... still same problem.

Then i by "accident" tested phone without back cover and everytihing was fine, no echo... i was happy that problem was fixed(didnt know how)... assembled it again with back cover -> first call i made -> same sh*t

So... long story short... if area with microphone(check pic) is covered by any thing(even table) the other person can hear his ovn echo but if this area isnt covered(sit on table and this area is 1cm from edge of table) there is no echo at all!!!

Did someone manage to solve it completeley?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Z22.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (196.1 KB, 76 views)

OLD Devices: HTC Magic, HTC Hero, HTC Desire, HTC HD2, HTC Desire HD, SE Xperia X10, SE LWW, Sony Xperia P

Cloudsev
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm impressed this **** hasn't been solved yet. I still have the same problem. Sony is a big **** with their clients, that's all I can say.

strommy1966
Old
Thanks Meter 7
i had this call quality problem with my phone since i bought it in May ! i was about to send the phone back for "repair" then i allowed it to update to
.314 ever since this i haven't had one person say they cant hear me ! before , apparently it sounded like you were across the other side of the room or the other party had feed back. i would have to hold the microphone so close to my mouth .. even then people would say they could hear. so update to 17.1.2.A.0.314 and i hope that will sort your problems like it did mine