Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,709 Members 45,664 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] SM-P605 (kitkat) battery charging problem

Tip us?

fastguy
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecorbusier View Post
I think it needs an Apple compatible charger. Only the Apple standard supports charging over Usb 2 at 2A, for the Ipad.
The Anker 5 port 8A charger is fantastic.
No, I did that mistake and bought a dual port 4a charger. Samsung somehow detects Apple charger and stops charging when screen turns off. I had to make an adapter for shorting data pins, like this, I can at least charge with 1.5a

clacu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
while i was on vacation my p605 starts having the same problem. It is just loading while the screen is on. After getting black/off it takes a few more seconds till charging stops. This problem is accompanied by the symptom that the tablet won't be recognized by the pc anymore. It is just loading ('til the screen gets black). i have no idea what to do. i am not sure, if the different voltage on vacation could be a reason. based on the fact that i can't get it back to stock, i guess i can not get it repaired by warranty (or is there any way to get it stock? unfortunately mobile odin is not supported). i would be glad about some good hints and thank you in advance

fastguy
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Your cable or charger might have a problem or you may be using a different charger than original one.

Pabyanek
Old
(Last edited by Pabyanek; 8th September 2014 at 07:33 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi everyone,

I've found a bit different issue - my P605 (LTE) does not want to be charged when plugged into USB port (so, no charger is being used).
I tried both using laptop and stationary PC

//ok, nevermind. I've just found somewhere else, that it has been always like that (not noticed that before)