[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [Blaze 4g]

Search This thread

Somcom3X

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
Sorry for my lack of thread posting, I've been a bit busy bringing up the moto g 4g and with of the changes made to the code for you guys, I disabled them for a bit.
Anyone mind telling me how the new zip works?

Wow... No thread posts in a few months.
I've moved on from this phone and do cm/carbon for moto peregrine.

njstein

Jan 25, 2013
Boise
Sorry for my lack of thread posting, I've been a bit busy bringing up the moto g 4g and with of the changes made to the code for you guys, I disabled them for a bit.

It has been pretty dead in here @Somcom3X, really dead. I expect this to become a legacy Forum in the very near future :-/

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
It has been pretty dead in here @Somcom3X, really dead. I expect this to become a legacy Forum in the very near future :-/

i wanted to ask, if i upgrade to 4.4 ill need a new recovery, will that recovery be able to restore my GB backup? or will i have to flash the old recovery in order to revert to GB in case something goes wrong :confused:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
i wanted to ask, if i upgrade to 4.4 ill need a new recovery, will that recovery be able to restore my GB backup? or will i have to flash the old recovery in order to revert to GB in case something goes wrong :confused:
Your on GB?!?
You may want to back up your recovery as the links are usually dead.
Flash 4.4.4 recovery and flash the ROM.
You should really use the ICS update first.

Sent from my XT1045

dumphone

Aug 29, 2014
I successfully restored an ICS backup from an older CWM recovery by using the latest Philz Recovery for the T769. Not sure about GB though.

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
I successfully restored an ICS backup from an older CWM recovery by using the latest Philz Recovery for the T769. Not sure about GB though.

ok that's motivating, i am on ICS now, the stock one.... the recovery's there too... so i don't know how to backup the recovery... i have made a backup in case... how should i go about this... any help is really appreciated since i know you guys have moved on and stuff... :)

dumphone

Aug 29, 2014
You don't need to back up your recovery, I don't have experience doing that. Just keep a copy of the zip or tar.md5 of the recovery on your sdcard or computer so you can reinstall the recovery if you ever need to.

1. Make a backup through the menu of your recovery. This will make a backup of your current working system, not the recovery, which would be unnecessary to do (to my knowledge).

2. Download the latest ZIP of philz recovery for the blaze here goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/t769/

3. Install zip/flash it through ur current recovery.

4. Reboot. Go into the new recovery and install your kit kat ROM and gapps etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: jafferkhan

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
You don't need to back up your recovery, I don't have experience doing that. Just keep a copy of the zip or tar.md5 of the recovery on your sdcard or computer so you can reinstall the recovery if you ever need to.

1. Make a backup through the menu of your recovery. This will make a backup of your current working system, not the recovery, which would be unnecessary to do (to my knowledge).

2. Download the latest ZIP of philz recovery for the blaze here goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/t769/

3. Install zip/flash it through ur current recovery.

4. Reboot. Go into the new recovery and install your kit kat ROM and gapps etc.

Thanks man, really appreciated :)

Sent from my SGH-T769 using XDA Free mobile app

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012

We will still receive nightilies correct?
@Somcom3X

Last edited:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
We will still receive nightilies correct?
@Somcom3X

Yes, but see footnote.

Note to everyone:

For the time being, this kernel isn't booting for the hercules/exhilarate, but strangely fine for the t769/skyrocket and i'm stuck on what to do. I don't want to waste the time or the resources to try and get it fully working anymore. I'm strapped on time and school work. (19 credit hours is a very daunting task.)
When my break time comes, I'm mainly working on the peregrine (as i'm the cm maintainer for it). I'll try to get a new uber kernel up, but that's all.

Sent from my XT1045

Reactions: xWolf13

jafferkhan

Jun 15, 2010
Yes, but see footnote.

Note to everyone:

For the time being, this kernel isn't booting for the hercules/exhilarate, but strangely fine for the t769/skyrocket and i'm stuck on what to do. I don't want to waste the time or the resources to try and get it fully working anymore. I'm strapped on time and school work. (19 credit hours is a very daunting task.)
When my break time comes, I'm mainly working on the peregrine (as i'm the cm maintainer for it). I'll try to get a new uber kernel up, but that's all.

Sent from my XT1045
i think it's a very cool ROM. One of the best i've used with the least amount of bugs. everything works and the battery is amazing as well. The only issue is the call screen, the device wakes up after a while whenever i recieve a call. is there any way around it? i tried to find something in the build prop but nothing :confused:

Somcom3X

Aug 19, 2012
Metro Detroit
i think it's a very cool ROM. One of the best i've used with the least amount of bugs. everything works and the battery is amazing as well. The only issue is the call screen, the device wakes up after a while whenever i recieve a call. is there any way around it? i tried to find something in the build prop but nothing :confused:
That's the kk functionality.

Ki_Ly

Aug 21, 2012
NYC
First of all, I would like to thank you for all your work that you did! I almost gave up on trying to find a stable ROM for it. This rom is pretty much stable. It's beet a week or so since I had installed it and no major issues at all! I'm impressed! Keep it up guys!!!

now, thinks that need to be improved a bit:
1 - Brightness - even on the lowest it's steel bright.
2 - how can I remove the search bar from the home screen?
3 - some times whet I take the phone out of my pocket, the display turns on and off almost immediately

so far that's it

thank you guys!:good:

xWolf13

Jul 6, 2012
Well, my support days have come to the end. Looks like this phone will be moved to legacy soon.

That's what I was thinking also. Getting moved to legacy and all... Will miss this phone. Moved on and now using a Nexus 4. Loved all the work everyone has done to this phone, but it looks like its time to let go of it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub. and on our Gerrit CarbonDev Gerrit.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Features

All of our features can be found on our site here:

Carbon Features

Here are some screenshots:

Carbon Screenshots

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our website.

Carbon Downloads

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Carbon Changelog

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Find out here:

Carbon Team

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

Ok I attached a working twrp.
    I don't know what the mouse cursor is supposed to do as the blaze doesn't support usb otg
    http://d-h.st/mAU
    Enjoy. Omni is close. I'm not only working on the blaze, but also for all the msm8660 and its a considerable amount of time.
    Thats why my other projects are slow. (and no I haven't abandoned you guys)
    I'm your maintainer.
    Finally uploaded.
    Awesome! Welcome back Somcom3X!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Glad to be back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk
    Delta updates should be working.
    Check for updates in settings.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T769 using Tapatalk