Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,721 Members 39,593 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Dirty Unicorns 4.4.2 {t0lteatt} (04/13/14)

Tip us?

sumer1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze1 View Post
Don't know if it stopped for the ATT Note 2 or maybe on its way to stopping totally, however, I have seen DU rom updates for other devices that were newer than July. In the July builds Google+ sometimes after an update seems to crash the SystemUI and according to form posts elsewhere, I saw they know that and their newer builds addressed it.

"The system UI FC was due to an issue with Google+ update. I'll have a new test build out soon that will have that patched up."

Now I hope this is addressed with an update for the ATT Note 2.
I do check their Google plus page often and have noticed new builds for other devices except ours and totle. It just sucks because you find a rom that you like then development slows down or stops (SOKP-cough cough) oh well it's part of having an older device.

AzraelsKiss
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumer1 View Post
I do check their Google plus page often and have noticed new builds for other devices except ours and totle. It just sucks because you find a rom that you like then development slows down or stops (SOKP-cough cough) oh well it's part of having an older device.
The bad thing is... The n7000 still gets regular updates... lol Oh well... Maybe it's about time I setup a build system so I can build it from source...
~Azrael's Kiss~

phaze1
Old
(Last edited by phaze1; 8th September 2014 at 01:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzraelsKiss View Post
The bad thing is... The n7000 still gets regular updates... lol Oh well... Maybe it's about time I setup a build system so I can build it from source...
Would be cool if they could at least put one update or fix for our devices that would fix that issue. I will be moving on to the Note 4 as I always wait a bit to upgrade but will keep my Note 2 as a backup and would like to keep it on this Rom but we'll see
Phone: AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (SGH-I317)
ROM: Dirty Unicorns
Mem: 64 GB Sandisk

Retired: Tilt (Kaiser)> Fuze (Raphael)> iPhone 3GS> iPhone 4> iPhone 4S

"An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers
The Following User Says Thank You to phaze1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AzraelsKiss
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaze1 View Post
Would be cool if they could at least put one nightly or fix for our devices that would fix that issue. I will be moving on to the Note 4 as I always wait a bit to upgrade but will keep my Note 2 as a backup and would like to keep it on this Rom but we'll see
The newest source does appear to fix the issue. At least so far...
~Azrael's Kiss~

sumer1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
The newest source does appear to fix the issue. At least so far...
Did you build that Rom from source yourself?

AzraelsKiss
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Did you build that Rom from source yourself?
Yes I did... Took forever because the bloody source is a bit janked for our device. Trying to decide if I wanna learn git enough to try to fix our device tree.
~Azrael's Kiss~
The Following User Says Thank You to AzraelsKiss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumer1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Yes I did... Took forever because the bloody source is a bit janked for our device. Trying to decide if I wanna learn git enough to try to fix our device tree.
Nice- Sharing is caring-LOL

AzraelsKiss
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Quote:
Nice- Sharing is caring-LOL
I may upload a zip soon. I'm still making sure everything is stable. I had to change a couple of source files to get it to build, so I just wanna make sure those change don't cause issues.
~Azrael's Kiss~
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AzraelsKiss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sumer1
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
I may upload a zip soon. I'm still making sure everything is stable. I had to change a couple of source files to get it to build, so I just wanna make sure those change don't cause issues.
Sweet, That sounds great