Nexus 10 Cases/Covers, opinions, reviews, photos

Search This thread

alose

Sep 10, 2011
Columbia, MO
It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned the BobJ Case: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00CBL7NBA/nexus10-20

The case offers thick silcon edges (bumpers really). The thick edges offer a very nice grip. The thickness is the pro and con of this case. All the cutouts line up very well.
It offers good protection. I dropped my tablet onto concrete from a height of about 4 feet while carrying a bunch of stuff from my car. It bounced and that was it, no damage.

thomasface

Feb 22, 2011
Had the Portenzo Hard Case for 3 months now and love it ...would never have a different case now ...really hard wearing and keeps the tablet looking good.

I have a quick question for you, one thats stopped me getting the portenzo case.

with that case, would you be able to *carefully* hack into it on the side to expose the pogo cable connector?

I asked portenzo a few months ago, and they said it cannot be done because the case itself requires that bit to hold the tablet secure, and by carving a hole for the pogo cable I would ruin the integrity of the case and the tablet would then fall out.

From an actual owner, do you think this can be done without rendering the tablet cover useless?

o2sys

May 17, 2011
I recently bought the Poetic Slimline off Amazon and it adds a bit of weight to the tablet. Otherwise like the folding stand.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I previously had an A700, that I wound up returning due to overheating.. Anyways I kept the case that I bought for it, which I got "used" from Amazon for $6.. The normal price is only $15.. But it works great, only a small amount of gap when it's in the case, but not enough that it doesn't stand in tripod or moves too much to use.

http://www.amazon.com/ICONIA-folio-...UTF8&qid=1353252191&sr=8-1&keywords=a700+case

Plus the cutouts work perfectly, no ports are blocked and it leaves a gap for the camera AND flash!

http://imgur.com/a/zCqvT#0 (if you like imgur album's better)
    Where's the pre order?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Dear Customer,
    We are running new Product promotion for our new released product on Amazon.com. We are doing a little different than other brand for charging more when they release new products. Instead, we are doing promotion on new introductory products. We might not earn money for this price for our high quality products. Instead we are doing this is just let more people know Poetic.
    You can preorder Poetic Slimline for Google Nexus 10 here: ( Picture will update soon, it will be same function as the Slimline Google Nexus 7)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAKLHES
    For 9.95 USD
    Hardback for Google Nexus 10 Here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-HardBa...524526&sr=8-5&keywords=poetic+google+nexus+10
    for : 6.95 USD
    Slimbook for Google Nexus 10 here:
    http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimbo...24526&sr=8-10&keywords=poetic+google+nexus+10
    for 4.95 USD
    The promotion will be end once the products become in stock.
    Moko Slim Fit multi-angle genuine leather case - Nexus 10

Just ordered a Moko Slim-Fit case from Amazon. It seems to be the only case with no negative reviews (and is built better than the ultra-slim). I can suffer the couple of hundred extra grams that it adds when it is on, and take it off when I am on a soft surface.

It has a 'smart cover' type feature and a stands at variable angles. Surprisingly I couldn't find a solid rundown of the case when I searched, so perhaps I'll write one up when it arrives.

Excellent case -- I've got the "genuine leather" variant -- cost a bit more (US $21), but it far exceeds expectations. Fits perfectly, still like new after a month of very active busy use daily -- no signs of wear at all. I opted for the leather version (you can pick it out when selecting colors -- one of them is "genuine leather") because I was looking for something that would hopefully wear better, have no chance of a "chemical smell" as so many PU cases seem to have. I've been delighted, and NEVER take it off my Nexus 10. Love it -- and probably buying a second one to have as a backup in case Moko decides to stop selling this particular one.

Here's a link to the product:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AUP04ZG/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's a link to my review on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R9IDH8WNE1Q06/ref=cm_cr_ryp_det?ie=UTF8&channel=ryp

...and here's the text from the review in case anyone doesn't want to navigate away from XDA:

---

This review is from: MoKo Genuine Leather Slim-Fit Multi-angle Folio Cover Case for Google Nexus 10 Android Tablet by Samsung, Black (with Smart Cover Auto Wake/Sleep Feature) (Personal Computers)

As other Nexus 10 owners will readily acknowledge, finding a good case for the Nexus 10 without spending a lot of money is a challenge. There are numerous cases on the market -- however most of them appear to be clones of one another, many of them being variants on a handful of common designs. This one was a delightful surprise...

I've had the Nexus 10 since early December. Back then, the case choices didn't impress me, so I picked up a neoprene sleeve for $5 at Five Below and used that for the next several weeks. It was clearly not a long term solution, but using it gave me time to do some more detailed research on what's available in the market.

I've read endless reviews of the Slim, Slim Fit, Ultra Slim, etc cases from Moko, Blurex, I-Blason, Supcase, etc. Only in those few instances where a buyer got two or more of these at the same time and uploaded photos of them could I really start to get a sense of the subtle differences between many of these. One thing, though, did stand out to me: it seems that many of the "PU Leather" (polyurethane) covered cases are reported to have a strong chemical smell. Some complained that it was "earthy", some said it reeked of petroleum, one reviewer complained that their case had a smell like cat urine. Some were optimistic that the smell would dissipate quickly, others complained that their covers still smelled a week later. I didn't want to take the chance, as nice as the cases looked, and opted to keep searching for a good quality but affordable leather case.

Cases from Noreve, PDair and the like all looked nice - but I couldn't see spending $100 or more on a case for the Nexus 10. I looked at the Bear Motion cases, and they looked good -- except that I don't like the front bezel of the tablet, surrounding the screen, to be covered at all.

I came back to the Moko Slim-Fit design a few times, and of the various cases following this general design model, the Moko case seemed to have the best reviews. I hesitated, though. Even though it could be had for around $14, it appeared that my only choice was one of several colors in PU Leather....until I tripped across the "Genuine Leather" option for $20.99. Interestingly, it wasn't a main listing for a separate product, but instead just shows up as one of the color choices for the Moko Slim-Fit Multi-Angle Folio Cover Case for the Nexus 10. But what a difference! I just got the case this afternoon (got to love Amazon Prime shipping -- no extra shipping charge, and the product arrive about a day and a half after I ordered it). No odor unless you get real close, and then it smells like my best leather dress shoes, and has a great feel to it. This is an extremely handsome black leather, professional looking case.

The fit on the tablet is excellent. It's secure, but doesn't grip so tightly that it's difficult to get on or off the tablet. The magnet for auto on/off function with the tablet works perfectly. Closed, the case is slim, secure, comfortable to hold. Open, you can fold the cover all the way back and slip your hand in an elastic strap to make one-handed use safer. You can also use the slotted inside of the front cover to support the tablet horizontally in a few different positions. A nice plus is that there's a perfectly positioned cutout for the Pogo charger, allowing you to charge the tablet with this accessory even with the case closed.

The stitching and finish, as well as the fit, are all excellent. Hard to believe this was only $20.99. I'm extremely pleased with the purchase, and no longer lust for a Noreve case! The Moko case is excellent indeed. Now that I've got it, my Nexus 10 will enjoy many more trips with me to visit colleagues and clients in different cities. Great job, Moko

---
    Does anyone know if these cases will actually fit?

Isn't the N10 longer than typical 10" tablets?

Tested it out with my new Nexus 10 - fits like a glove, and the interior padding seems like it'll actually offer a bit of protection. For $9.22, you can't go wrong.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007R...ile?redirect=true&ref_=oh_details_o01_s00_i00
    I really don't like cases like the one posted above where it's got 6 clamps around the side or whatever, I think it's kind of ugly. Why not just enclose the entire sides of the device?

I'm hoping for something like this (Amazon link). I don't want the case to cover the front of the device like the leather folio cases do, but I like the flip cover for when I'm not using it. If I can't get one of these, I'll probably just get a neoprene or leather sleeve and a cheapo TPU case.