TWRP 2.8.3.0 Available for Supported Devices

The TeamWin Recovery Project (or TWRP, for short) has quickly become one of the most popular … more

Easily Generate and Export Material Design Palletes

For many people, it can be pretty difficult to create a palette of complementary colors. … more

Android One Expanding to Bangladesh, Nepal, and Sri Lanka

At Google I/O 2013, Google proudly announced that the Android operating system was … more

Android 5.0.2 Fixes 2012 Nexus 7! Sony’s Making a Google Glass Competitor? – XDA TV

Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is available for the … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Galaxy S5 Live Demo Unit Kernel

OP iorya984

11th April 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Hi to everyone,
I'm wondering if there's a way to get a Kernell fully working for a Galaxy S5 Live Demo Unit. For the S4 it were simply with an official firmware cooked and Adam's Kernel, but with S5 I don't know if this can work or not.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
16th April 2014, 03:59 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Hi there, i am still waiting for my demo unit to put it in "normal" mode. For the Note 3 you had to:

1. Download the CF-Auto-Root and root device
2. Create backup
3. Wait for someone to create a firmware (from another firmware) without the functionalities that dont work on S5 demo (modem, etc)
4. Flash it with odin

So we will have to wait for someone to create this firmware. Perhaps not difficult (?)
22nd April 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa7

Hi there, i am still waiting for my demo unit to put it in "normal" mode. For the Note 3 you had to:

1. Download the CF-Auto-Root and root device
2. Create backup
3. Wait for someone to create a firmware (from another firmware) without the functionalities that dont work on S5 demo (modem, etc)
4. Flash it with odin

So we will have to wait for someone to create this firmware. Perhaps not difficult (?)

Hi Jopa7,
actually I'm able to do all you've said, including create a Firmware for a Live Demo Unit (I did with a Galaxy S4 with success).
My only problem is to get a good and stable kernell that can work with the LDU of S5. For the S4 there was the Adam's Kernel that works great, but only for S4. For GS5 I canno't find a good one.
23rd April 2014, 11:09 AM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
27 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iorya984

Hi Jopa7,
actually I'm able to do all you've said, including create a Firmware for a Live Demo Unit (I did with a Galaxy S4 with success).
My only problem is to get a good and stable kernell that can work with the LDU of S5. For the S4 there was the Adam's Kernel that works great, but only for S4. For GS5 I canno't find a good one.

Hi, but in Galaxy Note 3 demo unit you could use stock kernel. I think you can do the same in S5. I have 2 S5, one of them also demo unit but still havent got time to try. Did you tried to flash a "custom" made firmware (with original modem and bootloader!) and with pit file(to get stock internal storage) etc from european open stock rom (german for example)? I am almost sure it will work ok

Cheers
23rd April 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
93 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa7

Hi, but in Galaxy Note 3 demo unit you could use stock kernel. I think you can do the same in S5. I have 2 S5, one of them also demo unit but still havent got time to try. Did you tried to flash a "custom" made firmware (with original modem and bootloader!) and with pit file(to get stock internal storage) etc from european open stock rom (german for example)? I am almost sure it will work ok

Cheers

No, I didn't try yet cause I think I'm the first outa here and I wanna be ery sure to do all things right
For the S4 the stock firmware needed for pull out modem and other stuff. The result were a .md5 file without a modem and NON-HLOS.bin.
And it works perfectly, after flashing a new Kernell. Do you think this way can work also for S5 without flashing any Kernel?
9th September 2014, 09:29 AM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2014
pit file
hi there do someone knows where to find samsung g900x pit file?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes