Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,468 Members 38,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SM-G900X] Custom Firmware for SM-G900X Live Demo Unit

Tip us?

mielletseed
Old
Thanks Meter 73
You don't need twrp or cwm if you don't want to backup (and restore) the demo ROM. I installed a (modified) stock ROM without custom recovery and so without tripping the KNOX flag.
The tar file I prepared completely without cygwin or such tools.
You will just need a clever program that can handle archive files. I just used Total Commander, opened the TAR file, deleted the unwanted content and flashed it with ODIN (it seems to me at least 3.09 is needed).
Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to mielletseed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rakiapu
Old
(Last edited by rakiapu; 2nd September 2014 at 11:19 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Angry Great tips!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mielletseed View Post
You don't need twrp or cwm if you don't want to backup (and restore) the demo ROM. I installed a (modified) stock ROM without custom recovery and so without tripping the KNOX flag.
The tar file I prepared completely without cygwin or such tools.
You will just need a clever program that can handle archive files. I just used Total Commander, opened the TAR file, deleted the unwanted content and flashed it with ODIN (it seems to me at least 3.09 is needed).
Good luck!
Thanks for your great post.I have now a proper working SM-G900F insted of SM-G900X
For others who wish to follow the steps,
1. use odin 3.09
2.Download stock ROM SM-G900F
3.Unpack ROM using Total Commander and remove everything except these files:
- boot.img
- cache.img.ext4
- hidden.img.ext4
- recovery.img
- system.img.ext4
4.Repack these files again with Total Commander in .tar formart and name it "ldu900x.tar"
5.Turn off your SM-G900X and go to Odin Mode Downloading... and flash it using Odin.
6. After resart make a factory restore to have everything. Even your Model number will be SM-G900F

Note: Sim will not work, but it will show/ask you to put a sim card.
everything else works perfect.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rakiapu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mielletseed
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I'm glad, when I helped...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakiapu View Post
3.Unpack ROM using Total Commander and remove everything except these files:
- boot.img
- cache.img.ext4
- hidden.img.ext4
- recovery.img
- system.img.ext4
4.Repack these files again with Total Commander in .tar formart and name it "ldu900x.tar"
You don't even need to unpack/repack. Total Commander can open TAR-files like a folder. Then you can just remove the unwanted files with DEL or F8 and flash the TAR afterwards.
Maybe you have to rename. tar.md5 to just. tar

Good luck [emoji4]
The Following User Says Thank You to mielletseed For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kishan1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Why do i need to perform factory restore ?
Can't i use use without it ?

mielletseed
Old
Thanks Meter 73
What do you mean with "factory restore"? Nobody advised you to perform a factory restore ...
Maybe you mean the ability to restore the factory ROM?
The "problem" is, there are no ROMs available for download for the demo units. So if you install an other ROM there is no way back to the original state (if you don't have a backup oft the factory ROM) ...
If you don't want to go back, you don't have to ...

kishan1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am sorry, if i have understand wrong but can you please check the 6th step of rakiapu's last post? He says that after restart make factory restore to have everything.

mielletseed
Old
Thanks Meter 73
Okay, I see. I'm sure he means factory reset, not factory restore.
I'm not sure whether this is really necessary or not. But I think it's better since the stock ROM is different to the demo ROM so you may have forced closes without factory reset...

kishan1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I followed hia all steps and actually its working fine. I did not perform factory reset. Still its working perfect.
So i was just confused that ia there any special reason behind doing factory reset or not.
Thanks..

ValadisBS
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default repartition

hello evrything ok with the guide!! but igot a little problem with power loss so i need to repartition the device do you have the pit file or do you know where i can get it?