Battery Life Discussion

Search This thread

enko420

Mar 28, 2011
it's first day use:

Unplugged at 6:00 AM. it is no 6:32PM and the battery is at 56% so 1 day as in 24 hours seems to be correct.

My only worry is when the battery starts to degrade.....

thaibruin

Feb 9, 2008
Marina del Rey, CA
Reactions: Mihnea1996

Herb.Grinda

Sep 17, 2009
Santa Barbara, CA
Got mine yesterday, today was my first full day of use. Off charger at 7am, it is now 10:41pm and at 37%. Brightness was at 3, but switched to 5 around noon and left there.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Screen is at 4.
Turned on day one 6am and 10pm had 45%, I will need to charge the watch every day.... sigh
May turn the brightness to 3.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Really complaining about that man? It's not some super device here people what are you expecting??

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

I get two days from my cell phone, two days on the Gear 2 (basically the same hardware)

Like the charge the cell phone and watch both the same day, 24 hours is too short.

Also fine you may say you sleep say 6 to 8 hours, plug the watch in, 95% of the time sure but every now and then when I am travelling it maybe more than 24 hours before I get some sleep and chance to plug the watch in.

You know that it should be possible to get 48 hours, they can even update the OS.
Why have the watch turn on with notifications or when you raise you hand?

Have it so when you get a notification, you get the vibrate but leave the display off, with the always on display (maybe the reason Gear Live sucks more juice than the Gear 2?) you can tell if you want to read the message.

Press the power button to the display on full.

I did read the reviews the Gear Live has poor battery life and I did know this so yes I can live with it

colts187

Jan 3, 2012
Little Rock
I leave it with screen on mode. I use it all day from about 7am to 6pm. I get just barely two days with brightness set to 4. I get easily over 100 notifications throughout the day. I love how easy it is to use that mini launcher to adjust the brightness. I don't really check my heart rate much but I do keep count of all my steps. About 12k average per day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Free mobile app

compchick813

Sep 3, 2010
I just got my Gear Live on Wednesday and so far my battery life is as I expected with my usage. I wish there were battery stats for the watch itself that we could access to make it easier to tell if a particular app is eating more battery than it should.

This is my usage from today:
Always on: off, brightness: 1, steps: on
Sleep tracking from watch (Sleep as Android beta) from ~12:20 - 6:30 am (watch muted)
Probably ~40 notifications, reset watch (apparently if you're using MultiRom and boot into another rom you can't pair it without resetting), installed some apps, checked heart rate 3 times, checked time/weather/steps/traffic/notifications probably 30 times. I noticed it was showing nav cards during my 1 hour drive this morning. I muted Maps after that.
12 am 100%
6:30 am 68%
3 pm 20%
4 pm 17%
5:30 pm 7%
6:30 pm 2%

miike1106

May 11, 2011
Is it possible that there are apps that can cause battery drain? I downloaded a few apps recently and installed minuum keyboard as well. I did notice a dramatic battery loss. I wake at normally around 7 am and by 5:30pm the battery was pretty much gone. So I'm wondering if it's one of the apps or if it's something else. As of right now, I unplugged it at 8am, it is now 11 am at about 72%, about 10% loss per hour, set at 4 brightness, light-medium usage.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
I would say say, some app can drain the battery, but the battery life is really bad on mine too.
I am really thinking about installing the custom ROM

Mihnea1996

Dec 1, 2012
Bucharest
I tried to keep the Gear Live without connection with the phone. Mine lasts around 2.5-3 days, used it only for measuring heart rate and counting steps. With around 13k steps/day(hiking) , I can say that 2.5 days of battery life is OK. Now I want to use it paired with the phone, would be nice to see 2 days.

steslatt

Oct 22, 2010
It seems my battery has degraded. I've had the watch since launch and for the first few weeks I used to get from 7am till 10pm with 30-35% left.
Now with the same apps and settings I can barely make it to 10pm at all. I've tried resetting and only using the pre installed apps. I just ended up with similar results. I think I'm going to RMA it.

frankthetoad

Nov 13, 2010
New Orleans
I take the watch off the charger at 7:30 AM. Screen set to always on, brightness at zero. I get near constant Goggle Huddle notifications, Boom Beach, CoC, package shipment, weather, traffic, etc. Use it to make phone calls, switch tracks on Play Music, take notes, set timers. I take it off my wrist between midnight and 1AM. Usually have about 17% left.

Ed Murray

I got my Gear Live on Thursday. Charged and unplugged at 9:00pm, worked all night, lots of app installs, screen off mostly except while playing with it. Battery was at 17% at 8:00am.
Next day it was at 46% at 8:00am so I think I just played with my new device a bit too much. Not too mention, most batteries need to be cycled out of the box and will get better after 3-5 charges. I also wonder if they will sell aftermarket batteries for these watches...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please post your battery discussion here:

The first day I had it, I woke up around 8:00 AM and got to about 6:00 PM when it ran out of juice. This was with heavy use, screen always on and brightness set to about 60%.

I changed the settings so that the screen is not always on and brightness is now set to 40%. This made a huge difference. Today, for example, I've already had it off the charger for 8 hours and it's still at 79% battery. I'm at work, and it's getting used as it normally would be.

The screen being set to always on will obviously burn through battery at a fairly quick rate, especially if the brightness is set high. It's worth noting that letting the screen turn off automatically does not impede its usefulness. The screen comes on automatically when your turn your writes to look at the device, and when you touch the screen.
    Screen off for sure. It comes on automatically when I go to look at it, and I want to conserve battery.

Undocked at 8 AM with 100% charged, used till mid night with heavy usage with 32% left when got to bed. Very impressed with battery performance. I am using default settings (brightness - 4, Always-on screen, showing cards on dimmed screen, alert on watch and phone when connected).
    it's first day use:

Unplugged at 6:00 AM. it is no 6:32PM and the battery is at 56% so 1 day as in 24 hours seems to be correct.

My only worry is when the battery starts to degrade.....

Not sure if you've seen the iFixit teardown, but it looks like the battery would actually be pretty easy to replace. Only a few torx screws and adhesive-free components.

http://ifixit.org/blog/6594/wearables-teardown/