April Fools Round Up: The Year of Nostalgia

April Fools Day is once again upon us and as usual, tech companies everywhere have not … more

Android 5.1 OTA for Nexus Round-Up

The beginning of April is dominated by April Fools. There are jokes and pranks everywhere, which are … more

Official Lollipop for LG G2 Captured

LG is rolling out the Lollipop update for the LG G2. KDZ images for both 16 GB and 32 GB variants … more

Google’s Prank Roundup for April Fools 2015 [Updated]

Once again, we have arrived on the most magical of holidays – … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Oppo Find 7a X9006 140419 OTA

2nd May 2014, 02:37 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Flag Bloomington, MN
Thanks Meter: 19
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
ColorOS 2.0b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyguy85

all I did was root it and flash TWRP. Then flashed stock recovery back.

Do you still get LTE with 2.0 beta? Did you get LTE before going to 2.0b?

Yeah I got LTE before and am still receiving LTE. I haven't found any glitches of note except that some apps installed to the "phone" storage don't work properly which was also the case with 1.2. Bear in mind I've only used 2.0b for a little over a day. Give 2.0b a try. It can't be much worse. Note that you'll need to either edit the .zip file as mentioned previously or use stock recovery. I used stock recovery.

-Sent from my Sega Dreamcast
Last edited by Doc Ames; 2nd May 2014 at 02:43 AM. Reason: omission
2nd May 2014, 03:28 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Flag Orlando
Thanks Meter: 207
 
518 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ames

Yeah I got LTE before and am still receiving LTE. I haven't found any glitches of note except that some apps installed to the "phone" storage don't work properly which was also the case with 1.2. Bear in mind I've only used 2.0b for a little over a day. Give 2.0b a try. It can't be much worse. Note that you'll need to either edit the .zip file as mentioned previously or use stock recovery. I used stock recovery.

-Sent from my Sega Dreamcast

Yeah I was going to edit the zipfile for the OTA update but didn't have a clue what file I was supposed to change the wording of/in. I might try it Sunday. I'm going to need a working phone tomorrow and saturday, plus I won't have the time until saturday afternoon anyway.
4th May 2014, 01:44 PM |#13  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
Because of not having a Find 7a right now and not using ColorOS i would be not able to mirror OTA updates, so nice that someone does this. If someone need the FULL package you would find it also in the forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2738788
22nd July 2014, 03:00 AM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
I tried to flash on stock recovery and just get update failed it also does this for any other file i try to flash like the root file and such. Does anyone know how to fix this?
22nd July 2014, 05:40 AM |#15  
memooffon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 76
 
200 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2guy18

I tried to flash on stock recovery and just get update failed it also does this for any other file i try to flash like the root file and such. Does anyone know how to fix this?

You have to install stock recovery mod.
I got it form here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...4528#downloads

I tried v.3, it'swork fine for me.
I can update stock firmware with rooted.
22nd July 2014, 01:21 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by memooffon

You have to install stock recovery mod.
I got it form here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/devd...4528#downloads

I tried v.3, it'swork fine for me.
I can update stock firmware with rooted.

I have tried that and it fails and I've tried to flash twrp and the stock recovery in fastboot and they say they install but it remains the same when I go into it. I have the stock recovery now but anything I try to flash says update failed. I have been doing this stuff for a years but this has got me confused.
9th September 2014, 01:56 PM |#17  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2007
Update failed
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2guy18

I have tried that and it fails and I've tried to flash twrp and the stock recovery in fastboot and they say they install but it remains the same when I go into it. I have the stock recovery now but anything I try to flash says update failed. I have been doing this stuff for a years but this has got me confused.

I had the same issue. I resolved it by downloading V1.2.1i and doing a Local update, after this I was able to download and install all the OTA's.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes