ProCase SlimSnug Case

Search This thread

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
Thought I'd start up a dedicated thread for this case.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MJXK8VM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

At an average of under $10 on Amazon, this case is a quarter of the cost of the official case. It adds the protection of a hard cradle that the tablet sits in, which the official case doesn't offer.

Based on the popularity of the case on Amazon, I'd suggest NVidia may lose some sales of the official case to ProCase.

One thing to consider is that this case might interfere with passive cooling as suggested in https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/767648/shield-tablet/3rd-party-case-/

For that price, I'll drill vent holes in it if necessary. ?

In going to take the risk and have ordered one.

wifesabitch

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto
Looks nice, I have a similar case for my Nexus 7 but I don't want the back all covered up. I'm still holding out for a cover that snaps into the bottom of the tablet (like the official cover).

Xephrey

Jul 7, 2010
Vagnhärad
I kinda wish there was a really snug bumper for it with a lip that would cover the harsh bezel edges with rubbery comfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phobic99

Jan 29, 2008
I ordered one of these and it just shipped today. I probably won't get it until late next week (US holiday on Monday) but I can take pics and give some basic impressions when I get it if any is interested.

Narsil007

Dec 21, 2008
Dover
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8
Mine arrived yesterday; I got the green one. I very much like the protection provided by the snap-on case and the magnetic cover "latches" nicely in the closed position. Opening the cover does wake the tablet which is also nice.

The cover folds back but does not seem to magnetically "latch" to itself or the rear of the case in either the "keyboard" mode, the "movie" mode, or folded flat against the back of the case. The "keyboard" mode works easily enough as the weight of the tablet holds it in position but the "movie" mode doesn't work well for me but perhaps the cover joints will loosen up a bit and work better over time.

I find the protection aspect (and price) of this cover to be far superior to the nVidia case but the nVidia case works far, far, better as a stand than this one does, at least mine.

<edit> Please see additional comments and retraction in the next post. </edit>

Last edited:

Narsil007

Dec 21, 2008
Dover
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8
I retract my previous statement regarding the cover not magnetically latching to itself in the "movie" stand mode. There is a magnetic clasp there but you have to fold the cover into the proper geometrical arrangement which I clearly had not been doing. When done properly, the cover does indeed snap to itself quite nicely and the tablet stands up properly for viewing a movie.

This is an excellent case and priced, in my opinion, lower than it is worth. :good:

Reactions: jaredmorgs

menendez1293

Sep 5, 2014
Well I ordered the red one off of amazon, should be getting it tomorrow along with my 64GB Samsung SD card. Hopefully will have my shield next week, have to wait for Best Buy to ship it.

Update: I received my case, and I have to say I was actually impressed with the quality of the case. Much better than I was expecting. My Shield shipped already so I should have it soon.

Last edited:

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Just got mine. Nice case.
ypatuzeq.jpg

py7a2ana.jpg

ete2y9yv.jpg

pa8ume3a.jpg

a5urutyr.jpg

sesududa.jpg

9amyva6e.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
@aznmode, yeah just got mine. Same colour as yours. It's performing great for me. I just wish the magnetic clasp was able to grab onto something more secure when it is in "stand mode". I find the magnet sometimes pops loose for me. It's trivial to reaffix it again, so for the price I'm certainly willing to turn a blind eye to this behavior.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
With the Procase, do any of you guys notice the shield getting hotter than usual?

I played HL2 last night and it got as hot as it did when I didnt have a case. There aren't really any vents on the tablet that it covers, so I don't see how it could affect it. If anything it should act as a heat sync and help with the heat.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
I played HL2 last night and it got as hot as it did when I didnt have a case. There aren't really any vents on the tablet that it covers, so I don't see how it could affect it. If anything it should act as a heat sync and help with the heat.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Ok Thanks for the quick reply. I'm debating if I should order this case as well as the controller or order the official cover

jaredmorgs

Apr 12, 2012
Brisbane
With the Procase, do any of you guys notice the shield getting hotter than usual?
I played Sky Force 2014 (not Tegra enhanced, but pretty graphically rich for a shmup) and immediately after ending my 2 hour session of almost non-stop gaming, I opened System Monitor (app) and my temp was 40 deg Celsius. My Nexus 7 was climbing up to about 60 deg Celsius on the same game.

Jaybenosa

Apr 11, 2011
How is it when you have the covert folded back but flat against the back of the shield? does it lay completely flat? Can someone post a picture if they have it please.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just got mine. Nice case.
    ypatuzeq.jpg

py7a2ana.jpg

ete2y9yv.jpg

pa8ume3a.jpg

a5urutyr.jpg

sesududa.jpg

9amyva6e.jpg

How is it when you have the covert folded back but flat against the back of the shield? does it lay completely flat? Can someone post a picture if they have it please.
    140b55672bb4f2983a92e39ebb618fcb.jpg

f9590ec4177c808b05b4e1cbf19ab9cb.jpg

3f3a2eb12963ad16f0573f4e7d3f4d0d.jpg

It lays practically flat, with just the smallest amount of rake down from the cover fabric hinge to the metal clasp.

Hope it helps.
    I retract my previous statement regarding the cover not magnetically latching to itself in the "movie" stand mode. There is a magnetic clasp there but you have to fold the cover into the proper geometrical arrangement which I clearly had not been doing. When done properly, the cover does indeed snap to itself quite nicely and the tablet stands up properly for viewing a movie.

This is an excellent case and priced, in my opinion, lower than it is worth. :good:
    Thanks @jaredmorgs!!! I was waiting for someone to show a pic before I order it.
    Ok Thanks for the quick reply. I'm debating if I should order this case as well as the controller or order the official cover

I think the advantage of the official cover is that it doesn't add much bulk and weight and it's a lot easier to remove if you want to hold just the tablet by itself. But at the same time it doesn't protect as well as the Pro case and cost 3x as much.

As far as controller goes, I like the official as its just connect and play. I had the ds3 and I didn't like that I had to map some games and it just doesn't work with some games like trine. Also the shield can tell how much battery the controller has left.