slickwraps.com
Thought this was pretty funny of HTC..

They have a point.

ykJx81h.png

Weston

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
I'm still waiting for order#212861 paid on 26th July.

I've received no communication since, nor any of the two skins, nor any updates or replies here (one was chrome).

"Shipping method USPS 5-!0 business days"

I'll PM you slickwraps, but please cancel my order and refund me my money.

#extremely unhappy customer

Sent using Tapatalk

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX

I've received no communication since, nor any of the two skins, nor any updates or replies here (one was chrome).

Sent using Tapatalk
July 26th? Phh, that's nothing. My order was June 26th and I've got nothing.

iamonfire

Sep 1, 2007
well you got to give Weston the credits ... I ordered some skins few 2 months ago.
Something went wreng with the delivery. He did a full refund to me and reshipped my order.
This is one of the best customer experience ever... Thanks Weston for taking care of me..

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin

Sent using Tapatalk

I believe they are holding your other skin so they can ship as a pair. I am going to hold out a few more days myself before I cancel my order. It was the Chrome and the camera lens covers. Going on 3 months now tomorrow

Tower1972

Mar 13, 2008
Somewhere in Wisconsin
Slickwraps has terrible customer service

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

For me this is somewhat incorrect. I really like the fact that Katie and Weston answer questions (though somewhat limited). My issue isnt with them, its with the company that is supposed to supply a quality material for the Chrome skins, but is failing to do so. Unfortunately this reflects back on them for making us wait so....long..... While someone on ebay is whipping these up in probably his basement WITH custom logos (like the Superman one posted above)

MoDriouch

Feb 22, 2012
For me this is somewhat incorrect. I really like the fact that Katie and Weston answer questions (though somewhat limited). My issue isnt with them, its with the company that is supposed to supply a quality material for the Chrome skins, but is failing to do so. Unfortunately this reflects back on them for making us wait so....long..... While someone on ebay is whipping these up in probably his basement WITH custom logos (like the Superman one posted above)

Well i think Slickwraps has to hire this guy. > @Lopan12

Still waiting on silver though

Last edited:
Reactions: Oditius

Lopan12

Feb 21, 2010
Raleigh, NC

Hey now. I whip these up on the second floor of my house. ;)

Last edited:

Oditius

Jun 30, 2007
Chicago
I think Slickwraps is being a bit too picking on the quality of chrome. I mean, come on, there are just cool skins, but they are not permanent. One drop on concrete, even if it doesn't damage the phone will just ruin the skin no matter how high the quality. I see chrome skins on eBay all the time, if I wanted to I could cover my SUV in chrome. I think slickwraps should lower the standards a bit, and get a different manufacture. I can't spread the word of Slickwraps work, if I can't see it on my phone. :( I am happy with my blue chrome, I have 2 M8's, the other is just sitting doing nothing till the Chrome Wrap I ordered comes in. (And the folks in the other M8 forum get the ability to flash WP on to it. ;)

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
My issue isn't with the Chrome skin.

Its for the other skin ordered along with it, and the total lack of customer updates and replies (to me). They owe me that, they have my money!

Helping some and keeping others stranded does not change this situation.

This debacle just reminds me of agency recruitment services who overtaxed you for months so they had extra dough to use for their business/stay in the positive. They would use similar excuses, but these excuses are old to me.

Their job is to sell us a product and make money from it. They owe us at least personal communication and updates. Cost cutting on this is not proper business. If I reverse the situation, how would it be if they shipped both products and I use them for months without any payment or updates to them?

Sent using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello Everyone,

We're looking for Beta Testers to test our HTC One (m8) Slickwraps.

These are yet to be released products, we're looking for honest well documented reviews.

If interested just comment in the thread. I'm selecting 10 this first round of testing starting this week.

If you do have any questions please don't hesitate to DM or Reply to the Thread.

Thank You!
    Weston
    Slickwraps
    Hello,

Chrome was launched and we shipped some of the orders. Then the manufacturer recalled the material due to some serious issues. We never noticed these issues, but they forcibly required the return. We've been in contact with the manufacturer on a daily basis and I have even been speaking directly with the North American CEO about this issue. We're very sorry and have been issuing refunds, freebies and credits to make up for the issue. Never have we had a multi-billion dollar company contact us after delivery requesting it back.

After talking to the manufacturer through several meetings, I've found out that the raw material is so rare it's been hard for them to acquire in bulk. We have been guaranteed that we will have the first roll of material off of the production line. With that said, orders can be shipped in the following weeks.

Again, we apologize for the continued delays. We would have never placed the material in pre-order if we would have known the largest manufacturer of this material would have a huge melt-down of issues. We just ask for your continued patience and support. Rest assured when it arrives it will be something no one else in the world will have.

Weston
    Hey Guys.

Sorry for the delay, this World Cup has me on edge! :)

I wanted to say Thank You to everyone on XDA by offering a 50% off coupon and a Free Gift!

Free Gift? Yes! Everyone who purchases I will personally include a random free wrap plus some goodies! :)

Really Big Thanks to everyone!

Code: LUVXDA

Good for 24 Hours

Weston
    You da man!

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I've got to say, you've been excellent and patient with everyone in all of this. Glad that these were shipped and excited to trying them! I hope the quality is top-notch like everyone says they are! :D

Thanks! I hate to put blame on the material manufacture, but they we're the massive delay. This material is the highest quality Chrome I've ever seen. I've seen chrome from every manufacture and this material is a 99.9% pure chrome finish. Other materials on the market look hazy, bumpy and dull. This stuff is like a mirror, truly amazing and SW was granted the first in the world exclusivity rights.

Just to make a sample of this material takes weeks, no other manufacture has been able to reduplicate this process. Btw, not from China! :)

Weston