Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

XDA LG Development Challenge Winners

Almost 3months ago, we set out with LGto findtwo amazing apps that developers could put together … more

Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

china mobile TD-LTE version m8t - flashed recovery while S-ON

OP rm_2

15th May 2014, 03:06 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_2

i did this. it's not great, it still doesn't go into recovery, and it also doesn't boot normally. HOWEVER: i am thrilled to report that at least SOMETHING changed.

i still have the "tampered" banner at the top, which is, i assume, because it STILL is a wrong kernel. but when i try to go into fastboot, it says "entering recovery" for a second, and then goes back into the bootloader. before that, it would take ages, then show a red triangle.

does anybody have other, "stock" recovery and/or boot images?

if i buy a second one (exactly the same, chinese version), how difficult is it to extract those from it? not that i am looking forward to spending another 800USD .... just weighing my options here.

i didnt erase anything but follow the guide in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699065
and i found m8t recovery at http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-8936202-1-1.html
hope useful
30th May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #12  

1 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfid

i didnt erase anything but follow the guide in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2699065
and i found m8t recovery at http://bbs.anzhi.com/thread-8936202-1-1.html
hope useful

That thread isn't working right now - do you have a link to the M8t recovery file?

Thanks.
12th June 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #13  

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drflower

That thread isn't working right now - do you have a link to the M8t recovery file?

Thanks.

I have the correct recovery.img for the M8t now - I have rooted my own China Mobile 4G phone. However, I don't know how to upload the file or how to get a backup of the original boot.img Happy to help if one of you can tell me what to do. The website with the recovery on is in China and is sometimes OK, somethimes not - AND you need to register on the forum to get the file - not easy for non Chinese people! (like me!)
4th July 2014, 07:47 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 6

3 posts
Hi, It seems that you flashed a custom ROM on the htc one m8t without S-OFF!! You can only flash ROMs that are branded for M8T (China mobile TD), because the custom kernal will not be flashed and youll be stuck at bootloader screen.
If you need to add google apps to your handset you follow the instructions on the thread link below, until then you CAN NOT flash other custom ROMS until a solution to make the M8T S-OFF is discovered (I tried Firewater and it did not work, but the chinese has made a hardware solution for S-OFF of M8T).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...6/post53906274
12th July 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #15  

1 posts
More
M8t RUU
Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_2

i did this. it's not great, it still doesn't go into recovery, and it also doesn't boot normally. HOWEVER: i am thrilled to report that at least SOMETHING changed.

i still have the "tampered" banner at the top, which is, i assume, because it STILL is a wrong kernel. but when i try to go into fastboot, it says "entering recovery" for a second, and then goes back into the bootloader. before that, it would take ages, then show a red triangle.

does anybody have other, "stock" recovery and/or boot images?

if i buy a second one (exactly the same, chinese version), how difficult is it to extract those from it? not that i am looking forward to spending another 800USD .... just weighing my options here.

I am not sure if this is what you need. Just saw something in bbs.gfan.com about M8t RUU. I am newbie myself. Perhaps someone might be able to tell you if this can help you. I have a M8t and I couldnt get it S-off...

bbs[.]gfan[.]com
/android-7477742-1-1[.]html
14th July 2014, 03:39 AM   |  #16  
OP Junior Member

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironore

I am not sure if this is what you need. Just saw something in bbs.gfan.com about M8t RUU. I am newbie myself. Perhaps someone might be able to tell you if this can help you. I have a M8t and I couldnt get it S-off...

bbs[.]gfan[.]com
/android-7477742-1-1[.]html

in the meantime, a few weeks ago, i have found someone on taobao who had the stock ROM. this should by now be publicly available. and he also s-offed it for me. he claimed that (at that time) only very few other people would've been able to do that. he used a gold card.

but as we all know, this is just a matter of time - sooner or later, everything ends up in the open.
9th September 2014, 09:42 PM   |  #17  

1 posts
HTC_One_M8t_CWM_6.0.4.8

search at 4shared

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread