Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Firmware for Galaxy Tab 4 8.0

OP paulrileysullivan

16th June 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag San Diego
Thanks Meter: 12

48 posts
More
Now that i'm rooted, I need a backup plan incase any of the mods I do breaks the system. I went to SamMobile's website for the firmware, and the only firmware that matches, says it's for the Canadian device. All the information matches on my US model as the Canadian firmware. In fact, there is no US model listed on their Firmware list. Has anyone tried flashing the Canadian Firmware to their US Tab with success? Please let me know so I can safely start to make mods to me system. Thanks.

Here's the link to SamMobile's Firmware page for SM-T330NU.
12th August 2014, 08:09 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

18 posts
need to reset
Im also interested on install this version to see if it fixs the choppy video playback issue
13th August 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 15

28 posts
To fix choppy vid playback on my 8.0 tab I removed most of the preloaded apps and pushed aside the stock TouchWiz launcher for Nova launcher. All my video apps played smooth afterward.

The preloaded apps and stock launcher are hogs. Free up memory and it should fix video playback.
13th August 2014, 01:17 AM   |  #4  
Invermere
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris peas

To fix choppy vid playback on my 8.0 tab I removed most of the preloaded apps and pushed aside the stock TouchWiz launcher for Nova launcher. All my video apps played smooth afterward.

The preloaded apps and stock launcher are hogs. Free up memory and it should fix video playback.

I did the same
13th August 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #5  

18 posts
mine is actually cellular south
im guessing based on this
Product Code: XAR

when i enter recovery mode it sais soemthing about CSC XAR dont know if its the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrileysullivan

Now that i'm rooted, I need a backup plan incase any of the mods I do breaks the system. I went to SamMobile's website for the firmware, and the only firmware that matches, says it's for the Canadian device. All the information matches on my US model as the Canadian firmware. In fact, there is no US model listed on their Firmware list. Has anyone tried flashing the Canadian Firmware to their US Tab with success? Please let me know so I can safely start to make mods to me system. Thanks.

14th August 2014, 06:27 PM   |  #6  

18 posts
can someone tell me what preloaded apps were removed?
I disabled most of the bloatware already, and still doesn't work.

regards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scihte

I did the same

15th August 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #7  
Invermere
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
I wish I could give you a complete list of what I removed. However I didn't make one. My advice. Back up your system, delete 1 or 2 at a time, reboot, continue on. Anything from Samsung I tried to remove. IF not sure about removing a particular app, google its use, ask here, make a copy first.
15th August 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #8  

18 posts
Lightbulb Stock Netflix 1.8.1
i tried disabling almost everything , it tried without adding any account to avoid updates, what finally works was to install stock Stock Netflix 1.8.1
what i think is happening is that Netflix mistakenly try to reproduce 1080p video, and that is to much for the tablet, old Netflix is cap at 720p and there isn't to much difference really since tablet is only 800p.

video plays smooth using old netflix no matter default process are running in background.
i went to ask full refund and get another one, same problem.
Last edited by Zestar; 20th August 2014 at 11:59 PM.
9th September 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #9  

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulrileysullivan

I successfully installed the Cellular south XAR Version in mine.

regards

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, galaxy, sammobile, sm-t330nu, tab 4 8.0
Previous Thread Next Thread