Will S-off void warranty?

OP MCube74

16th May 2014, 02:08 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 1,064

3,785 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinsdaleson

People think that unlocking phone in unauthorized way (S-Off) will be better for warranty rather than using htcdev, how is that?

With s-off you can go from unlocked back to locked (vs relocked). I.e., you can fully revert the unlock and thus hide that it was ever unlocked.
16th May 2014, 04:32 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 32

143 posts
I'm sorry but as I do with all these misconceptions I have to chime in here. Rooting, S-offing and installing custom roms cannot void a warranty as the warranty on an electrical item covers the hardware for faults, when not caused by human error.

If I install a custom ROM on a phone, and then the screen stops working, which has happened to me countless times in the past, I will simply send it to HTC and they repair it.

HTC, Carphonewarehouse, Orange, and Phones4u in the UK have never refused me a repair on a phone or indeed a replacement due to s-off or a custom ROM,

I traded in my old M7 with Venom rom on, S-off in phones4u, to get my M8 and they didn't even flinch at that either.

I am not saying anything beyond, most people asking this will s-off anyway, and if you really are scared of losing your warranty, you'll also find a way of getting it back to s-on and locked too.
9th September 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #23  
Thanks Meter: 49

226 posts
wrong thread, multiple windows open, my bad
Last edited by jcorv58; 9th September 2014 at 10:57 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread