Ask a question

No registration required

Apps Safe to Remove for Sprint GS5!

OP JoeFCaputo113

2nd June 2014, 09:51 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Thumbs up also add
you can also add smart remote, and internet/ chrome depending on what browser you like, to this list that can be completely removed... never understood why people would remove sprint zone when it is the easiest way to do things on your account. To each their own o guess... great list too as there are a few I missed on my debloating adventures.
2nd June 2014, 12:28 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1,652

2,242 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by liqrisquicker

you can also add smart remote, and internet/ chrome depending on what browser you like, to this list that can be completely removed... never understood why people would remove sprint zone when it is the easiest way to do things on your account. To each their own o guess... great list too as there are a few I missed on my debloating adventures.

Exactly, I find it the best way to track my usage as well.

I guess this is a list of things that are safe to remove, but not necessarily recommend to remove

-Sent from Tapatalk
28th July 2014, 04:10 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 1,652

2,242 posts
here are some more you missed

beaming service, 2 connections optimizer files, 2 enterprise files, 2 nearby device files, Samsung galaxy apps widget, Samsung keyboard, saumsung text to speech, screen mirroring, Sprint Installer, 2 wifi direct files
3rd August 2014, 01:08 PM   |  #14  
Flag Hartford, Connecticut
Thanks Meter: 920

2,480 posts
Donate to Me
More
How come my titanium app won't let me backup? It says storage full, but it isn't.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th August 2014, 04:21 AM   |  #15  
Flag Where Dem LouIziAniMals Stay
Thanks Meter: 162

781 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMGRANDS

How come my titanium app won't let me backup? It says storage full, but it isn't.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

If you are mostly stock then you need to download sdfix from the market. It is free. Or you can change the build.prop line yourself to write to sd with a file manager of your choice. Idk the build.prop line but you can google it and it will come up. I hope that is your issue and it helps.

Sent from The Beast in my pocket
The Following User Says Thank You to youngpro83 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 1

25 posts
More
the ANT app is actually usefull
for those of us that like to bike/run/hoke or other physical activity in which we monitor our performance or heart rate, ANT radio is a big part of that.
http://www.thisisant.com/directory/ant-radio-service

Might want to investigate this site before removing completely as it uses hardware already on your phone, after all whats the point in getting the phone with all this stuff in it, if you just not going to use it.
17th August 2014, 07:18 AM   |  #17  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 34

116 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngpro83

If you are mostly stock then you need to download sdfix from the market. It is free. Or you can change the build.prop line yourself to write to sd with a file manager of your choice. Idk the build.prop line but you can google it and it will come up. I hope that is your issue and it helps.

Sent from The Beast in my pocket

This worked for me thank you!

Sent from my Sexy Samsung S5
9th September 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
Has anyone actually removed all of these without consequence to remaining functionality?
9th September 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 0

33 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleal

Has anyone actually removed all of these without consequence to remaining functionality?

Honestly im not sure I can say without consequence. Sometime after I removed a bunch of these apps, I have had some issues with my phone. the screen blacks out while the buttons work. took it to a sprint store finally and they think its 'software related' but didnt really help beyond that.i am still investigating though as it could have been something else too potentially (but i havent really installed much on this phone to begin with outside of root).

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread