Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,635 Members 38,821 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT P5210 turning off problem

Tip us?

mighty_grunf
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Exclamation Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 GT P5210 turning off problem

Hi, I have problem with my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 gt p 5210.
Tablet without noticeable reason began randomly shut down by itself.
Sometimes in an hour goes off 5-6 times, and sometimes working 5-6 hours without turning off.
Tablet can not be sent to the service because it was purchased abroad.
On it is the original untouched Android 4.2.2.
I tried a factory reset and re-flash with the latest android from sammobile.com , but it didn't help.
Does anyone has a similar problem or solution.

Thanks in advance

Tquarter
Old
(Last edited by Tquarter; 18th January 2014 at 12:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 13
Default battery terminal

I seen a post somewhere, and for the life of me I can't find it again. But anyway, the dude dis-assembled his 5210, and secured the battery terminal (apparently Samsung omitted this step on several tab 2 10.1's.... and now the tab 3 10.1's are having the same issue.) I did downloaded the pics in case I ever needed to do this myself. Here's a link to my Dropbox

duh.. I found the original post...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2593766

kayamokid
Old
Thanks Meter 2
i have the same issue. i want to open the back cover of my tab 3 10.1 to secure the battery connections. it annoys me a lot.

Brian D
Old
Thanks Meter 32
It is a Samsung product. Should not make a difference what country you purchased it in. If you have the original receipt you should still get warranty repair. But if you feel that the solution is in the discussion above, then by all means check that first. Just be careful not to damage your tab. Good luck and please do follow up on what you found.

john_seawolf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
im having this same exact problem i opened up the tablet but which cable is the one that needs to be secured? Will it be obvious that it is loose all of the connections on mine seem to be secure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

alfonzo30
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty_grunf View Post
Hi, I have problem with my Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 gt p 5210.
Tablet without noticeable reason began randomly shut down by itself.
Sometimes in an hour goes off 5-6 times, and sometimes working 5-6 hours without turning off.
Tablet can not be sent to the service because it was purchased abroad.
On it is the original untouched Android 4.2.2.
I tried a factory reset and re-flash with the latest android from sammobile.com , but it didn't help.
Does anyone has a similar problem or solution.

Thanks in advance

The problem is the battery connector. Its very easy to fix. I purchased one for my son last Christmas and to my luck it started shutting down randomly, I opend the table using a credit card to pry open the case from the screen. I PLACED TWO BAND AIDS CRIS CROSSING ON TOP OF THE BATTERY CONNECTOR, ITS FIXED. TRY IT
The Following User Says Thank You to alfonzo30 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Birdski
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonzo30 View Post
The problem is the battery connector. Its very easy to fix. I purchased one for my son last Christmas and to my luck it started shutting down randomly, I opend the table using a credit card to pry open the case from the screen. I PLACED TWO BAND AIDS CRIS CROSSING ON TOP OF THE BATTERY CONNECTOR, ITS FIXED. TRY IT
Hi I'm having the exact same problem, where about do you stick the tape or a piece of folded paper. Thankyou.