Xbmc 13.1 for AML8726-MX

16th June 2014, 08:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hey guys,

Since I'm new on the forum and I'm not allowed to post in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2418029, i'm doing it here...
I just bought and received a E-M6 Android tv device, with the AML8726-MX chipset.

It came with Android 4.2 and XMBC 12.3 installed as an Android app.
I was not able to update the XMBC app to the latest version, tried all kinds of things.

Plus, as I only want to use this device for watching/streaming videos, i don't need all the Anroid shizzle, so I decided to flash the device.
I used an image from the topic above (MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip)
Flash was succesful within a few minutes (I used an Sandisk Class 10 SD card)

After reboot, I see it's also XBMC 12.3.

Is there another image that I can flash my device with? And that embeds XBMC 13 or 13.1?
Thanks in advance if someone can help me out!!
17th June 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #2  

2 posts
Find the xbmc apk in your update image and replace it with the version you want install. Most likely it's in /system/app. Reflash and you should be good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hephie

Hey guys,

Since I'm new on the forum and I'm not allowed to post in this topic http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2418029, i'm doing it here...
I just bought and received a E-M6 Android tv device, with the AML8726-MX chipset.

It came with Android 4.2 and XMBC 12.3 installed as an Android app.
I was not able to update the XMBC app to the latest version, tried all kinds of things.

Plus, as I only want to use this device for watching/streaming videos, i don't need all the Anroid shizzle, so I decided to flash the device.
I used an image from the topic above (MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update.zip)
Flash was succesful within a few minutes (I used an Sandisk Class 10 SD card)

After reboot, I see it's also XBMC 12.3.

Is there another image that I can flash my device with? And that embeds XBMC 13 or 13.1?
Thanks in advance if someone can help me out!!

17th June 2014, 02:25 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reydarz

Find the xbmc apk in your update image and replace it with the version you want install. Most likely it's in /system/app. Reflash and you should be good.

Thanks 4 reply, but there is no apk file in the image.
The image contains an MX Linux with xbmc 12.4 embedded in a way I don't know neither understand
Can you maybe download the image as well and check some things (see first post for url),

Any other ideas?
10th September 2014, 08:05 AM   |  #4  

11 posts
There is a very good Gotham build out by codesnake. It's called openelec 4.xx. That exactly what you are looking for

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread