GS4 Extended Battery Recommendations Please

16th March 2014, 11:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

41 posts
Hi all,

Looking at maybe getting an extended battery for my S4, but I want to keep it as slim as possible, while also being worthwhile having though, no point something with a useless battery gain

I really like the design of this one where the phone sort of 'slots' in for two reasons:

1. I think you can use the original battery as well as the extended?
2. I like the way it doesn't look like it will add too much thickness

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GooseWhite-3...tended+battery

Only thing is that has useless reviews

Does anyone have one they would recommend?

Thanks!
17th March 2014, 09:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 407

1,636 posts
More
I had one similar to that. I don't think it's worth it. It gets hot when it charges and it doesn't feel like I'm getting full extended battery cause charging and using your phone cuts the battery imo. I'd just get a regular extended battery. I have this case it's expensive but I like the size and it does add extra battery. It's uNu Unity Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Case [Black/Silver] - External ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBHRHHK/..._GvRjtb1C8GNQN

Other than that I was using the hyperion 7200 mah battery for awhile. But the unu is my favorite at the moment because of the size

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
17th March 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 48

62 posts
http://gorillagadgets.com/products/g...ive-back-cover

You'll thank me later.
17th March 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin101

I had one similar to that. I don't think it's worth it. It gets hot when it charges and it doesn't feel like I'm getting full extended battery cause charging and using your phone cuts the battery imo. I'd just get a regular extended battery. I have this case it's expensive but I like the size and it does add extra battery. It's uNu Unity Samsung Galaxy S4 Battery Case [Black/Silver] - External ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00GBHRHHK/..._GvRjtb1C8GNQN

Other than that I was using the hyperion 7200 mah battery for awhile. But the unu is my favorite at the moment because of the size

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app

Thanks for that

Hmm that unu does look quite good, if I'm correct it only adds ~1cm to the phone?

Looks very very nice actually! I think I'm going to leave it though, had a think and I'm always near a computer to charge my phone, or in the car, seems like 40 that can be spent/saved elsewhere

Thanks though
17th March 2014, 02:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

41 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmt010

http://gorillagadgets.com/products/g...ive-back-cover

You'll thank me later.

Sorry but that is way too chunky looking for my liking. The Unu looks much more 'original' I'd say
10th September 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #6  
Flag Quezon City
Thanks Meter: 11

15 posts
I have just bought the uNu Unity battery case for my Samsung Galaxy S4 (August 2014) and I am very impressed with it. Coming from an Exogear Exolife Battery case (which I already like - bought it last year around November), the uNu Unity Battery Case is a significant improvement. I got back my full functionality of the USB port, which is compromised when you use a traditional battery case that piggybacks your phone on an external battery via the microUSB port (the battery case USB port is usually not data-capable - charge only). I also noticed a significant increase in battery life. With the Exolife Battery case, I use my Galaxy S4 for around 10 hours on a typical day before switching on the Battery case to charge the phone (around 15-20% charge remaining). The phone gets hot while charging and I only get it charged up to around 60-70% capacity before the battery case runs out of juice. Obviously having the phone on while charging from an external battery pack is not the most efficient mode of charging, so I get an additional 6-8 hours of moderate use out of the phone with the Exolife battery case.
With the uNu Unity battery case, I was able to use my phone for 19 hours (more than adequate to a typical day) with the battery life at 60% after that time. The last time I was able to use a smartphone with this kind of battery life was my old Palm Treo 650 which lasted 3 days on a charge for me...
Overall, I am very impressed with this battery case. The uNu Unity battery case works like an extended battery without the ugly backplate that typically comes with extended batteries. And you get to keep your NFC functionality since the NFC antenna of the Galaxy S4 is part of the battery. Also, unlike the Exolife battery case, the NFC signal is not blocked by the external battery part of the case so it remains functional.
There is some creakiness to the case when you handle it, but when I removed and re-installed the battery case, I managed to fiddle with it so that all its clips engaged properly, making the gap between the backplate and the new bezel flush, thus minimizing, if not eliminating the creakiness of the case.
And compared with the Exolife Battery case, the Unu Unity battery case is shorter and thinner as well.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
extended battery, galaxy s4, gs4
Previous Thread Next Thread