Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,858 Members 36,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Technical details about nook HD+ charging

Tip us?

Tzul
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by invinciblemo View Post
I would like to ask does anyone knows, what is the voltage of a fully charged battery?
Lithium-ion cells are typically charged to 4.20V. The Nook HD+ uses that value, too. Nominal voltage is 3.7V. I forgot the cut-off voltage that the HD+ uses to decide that the battery is empty, but I think it was 3.4V or 3.5V.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzul For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

modelworks
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzul View Post
Lithium-ion cells are typically charged to 4.20V. The Nook HD+ uses that value, too. Nominal voltage is 3.7V. I forgot the cut-off voltage that the HD+ uses to decide that the battery is empty, but I think it was 3.4V or 3.5V.
To add to that, make sure you put a load on the battery if you are measuring the voltage of the battery disconnected.
Something like a single 330 ohm resistor would be good.

Bad lithium batteries sometimes will appear charged until you place the load on it then it falls to 2 or lower volts.
Another quick check is to make sure the battery casing is completely flat, if the battery has bulges of more than a few millimeters the battery is about to fail and should be discarded immediately. Another trick you can use is smell the battery, I know sounds weird , but failing lithium batteries have a very unique odor , almost sweet, reminds me of the smell of bananas.