[Stock ROM] Odin flashable N900PSPTDNH7

Search This thread

Acedooncoon

Nov 4, 2007
New York
So I flashed this via Odin and my Software # as well as baseband still says NAB....I've been reading comments from other post and a lot of people seems to have NAB....so Im confused....what should my info say? NAB or NC5? does anyone have a screenshot as to what my "About screen" should look like? Im asking becuz I still cant backup my current rom...I wanna do a full wipe...but then I dont want to do all that and STILL cant back up anything....any suggestions?

PS- Ive read the post on "How to root from 4.4.2 Kit Katt/Install TWRP" but that info is from Feb....is that outdated? should we still follow that method?

Last edited:

micmars

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 1, 2013
Tampa Bay
So I flashed this via Odin and my Software # as well as baseband still says NAB....I've been reading comments from other post and a lot of people seems to have NAB....so Im confused....what should my info say? NAB or NC5? does anyone have a screenshot as to what my "About screen" should look like? Im asking becuz I still cant backup my current rom...I wanna do a full wipe...but then I dont want to do all that and STILL cant back up anything....any suggestions?

PS- Ive read the post on "How to root from 4.4.2 Kit Katt/Install TWRP" but that info is from Feb....is that outdated? should we still follow that method?

If you flashed the tar, it absolutely should say NC5 under about phone.

The OP gives you all the steps needed to have a successful upgrade.

Factory reset your device,
Reboot,
Make certain everything is reset,
Power down your phone completely
Flash the tar inside the zip file I link in the OP using PC Odin,
Let the phone boot,
Go into about phone,
Your status should say official, and your firmware, baseband, etc, nothing should say NAB

After the above, flash custom recovery of choice, any rom you like, and you'll be able to backup what you wish.

This file is completely stock NC5.

delaneybob

Jan 23, 2013
Question on NC5 on VRAMMC3

have a Samsung Note II Verizon on 4.1.2, baseband version I605VRAMC3. , Build JZ054K.I605VRAMC3. Just re-flashed only the modem to MC3 as I do not want to loose root on later builds (it's been a bit but recall VZW locking it down). Radio has been acting up so wanted a reflash

Anyone know of a way to get NC5 on my above release. if not, do I lose root, all my settings and icons etc when I take what is on this post?

BHurst

May 20, 2012
have a Samsung Note II Verizon on 4.1.2, baseband version I605VRAMC3. , Build JZ054K.I605VRAMC3. Just re-flashed only the modem to MC3 as I do not want to loose root on later builds (it's been a bit but recall VZW locking it down). Radio has been acting up so wanted a reflash

Anyone know of a way to get NC5 on my above release. if not, do I lose root, all my settings and icons etc when I take what is on this post?

This is for a different phone and a different carrier. If you flash this you will most likely brick your phone.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: micmars

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a

touch_rules

Jun 26, 2008
With that said if you use this you will be able to get the ota from sprint for 4.4.4 without waiting for a dev to make it flashable.

Thanks, this is very useful info.

The only real reason I need root right now is to make backups and tethering. Will I be able to root it again and does anyone know where I can get the tethering hack by itself? I've had buggy issues with custom roms that have more stuff than I need. Wish I could find a stable rooted stock ROM with tethering hacked.

GavinMazey

Apr 4, 2010
Englewood, FL
Google Pixel 4a

The only real reason I need root right now is to make backups and tethering. Will I be able to root it again and does anyone know where I can get the tethering hack by itself? I've had buggy issues with custom roms that have more stuff than I need. Wish I could find a stable rooted stock ROM with tethering hacked.

Check this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2871557 it has some good info so far on the update. Looks like you need to Odin a recovery in order to root.

LMMT

Apr 23, 2009
Houston area

This is a copy and paste from my post, in another thread:

If you don't care about tripping the knox counter, odin TWRP, and flash SuperSU 2.02. You'll have root.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys and Gals:

Here is the stock tar for NH7.

Recommended steps:
    -Download file, unzip file to extract full tar.md5 file
    -Load PC Odin (right-click on file, select "Run as Administrator")
    -Unplug your phone from the computer (if plugged in)
    -Completely power down your phone
    -Boot into download mode (Volume Down+Power+Home)
    -Plug your phone into the computer
    -Load tar.md5 file into PDA slot in Odin
    -Flash stock rom

Download and MD5:

Download: N900PVPUDNH7_N900PSPTDNH7_N900PVPUDNH7_HOME
    MD5=09CDE4B212C1430B48B906BA847813C8

Modem Only here in @freeza thread.

Older TouchWiz KitKat builds:

NC5

NAB

Other Stock Builds (Zipped Tars and One-Clicks):

KitKat

Stock NAB tar here, One-Click here.

JellyBean 4.3

Stock MJ4 tar here, One-Click here.

Tar.Md5 Files

Full stock tar.md5 files for MJ4, NAB, NC5 and NH7 here.
    Since this is an Odin Tar, I would have to say yes. Just follow the instructions in the OP and you should be fine. Nice to see @micmars as the OP, why not, he's everywhere!

Thanks for your kind words, and for helping out with questions (I really wish I could get more time on the forums during the day and have my boss paying for it, such joy).

It's actually my first thread. Odd, that.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
    OP Updated

OP Updated with NH7
    Fstest Route...

Yeah. I read in another thread that cf for our phone was not working with this release. Someone suggested using international version. I'm a little confused. I'll root via Odin I suppose.

Here is a fast route:

1. Flash TeamWin Recovery Project TWRP 2.7.0.1 via PC Odin
    2. Boot into recovery
    3. Flash Superuser from TWRP (it's built into the recovery)
    When It Hits Sammobile...

No. It would be a separate file all together.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app

When it hits Sammobile, I'll grab it and host it. Checking throughout the day, including as of this writing, nothing.