Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 52,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Stock ROM] Odin flashable N900PPUBVPUBNC5

Tip us?
 
GavinMazey
Old
#131  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 274
Posts: 606
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Englewood, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Sorry if this is a stupid question but has this been updated to the 4.4.4 update that began rolling out yesterday?

Appreciate you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouRock View Post
No. It would be a separate file all together.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
With that said if you use this you will be able to get the ota from sprint for 4.4.4 without waiting for a dev to make it flashable.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GavinMazey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
touch_rules
Old
#132  
touch_rules's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 107
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinMazey View Post
With that said if you use this you will be able to get the ota from sprint for 4.4.4 without waiting for a dev to make it flashable.
Thanks, this is very useful info.

The only real reason I need root right now is to make backups and tethering. Will I be able to root it again and does anyone know where I can get the tethering hack by itself? I've had buggy issues with custom roms that have more stuff than I need. Wish I could find a stable rooted stock ROM with tethering hacked.
 
busventinc
Old
#133  
busventinc's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 156
Posts: 745
Join Date: May 2008
Location: TOP FLOOR OF ENCOM TOWER
Awesome thank you micmars
PHONE: EVO-3D [HW0002]
ROM: LiquidSmooth Shooter V3.2 KK
THEME: None Yet
KERNEL: MIRaGe-KK+
BASEBAND: 1.09.00.0108
PRI: ? PRL: 21102
RECOVERY: 4EXT HBOOT-ENG: 1.04.2000 Eng
 
GavinMazey
Old
#134  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 274
Posts: 606
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Englewood, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Thanks, this is very useful info.

The only real reason I need root right now is to make backups and tethering. Will I be able to root it again and does anyone know where I can get the tethering hack by itself? I've had buggy issues with custom roms that have more stuff than I need. Wish I could find a stable rooted stock ROM with tethering hacked.
Check this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2871557 it has some good info so far on the update. Looks like you need to Odin a recovery in order to root.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GavinMazey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
micmars
Old
#135  
micmars's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9,845
Posts: 5,838
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa Bay
Default When It Hits Sammobile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouRock View Post
No. It would be a separate file all together.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Free mobile app
When it hits Sammobile, I'll grab it and host it. Checking throughout the day, including as of this writing, nothing.
"...dismiss whatever insults your own soul." - Whitman
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them." - Louis CK

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to micmars For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
LMMT
Old
#136  
LMMT's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 637
Posts: 903
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Houston area
Quote:
Originally Posted by touch_rules View Post
Thanks, this is very useful info.

The only real reason I need root right now is to make backups and tethering. Will I be able to root it again and does anyone know where I can get the tethering hack by itself? I've had buggy issues with custom roms that have more stuff than I need. Wish I could find a stable rooted stock ROM with tethering hacked.
This is a copy and paste from my post, in another thread:

If you don't care about tripping the knox counter, odin TWRP, and flash SuperSU 2.02. You'll have root.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LMMT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes