Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Firmware Update rolling out for AT&T Atrix HD (05/14)

OP quasihellfish

23rd June 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #181  
Thanks Meter: 6

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audit13

I don't recall needing root in order to unlock the bootloader. No mention of root requirement in the first post: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2226504.

This is from the first post in the link you posted. Read #3 below.

1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure your device has been rooted and you have a working installation of “su”.
4. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.

Try doing a search on saferoot. Once successfully rooted, try unlocking your bootloader again.

Sent from my ME173X using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by IRONMAN-NC; 23rd June 2014 at 01:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to IRONMAN-NC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd June 2014, 02:02 AM   |  #182  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,033

3,199 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IRONMAN-NC

This is from the first post in the link you posted. Read #3 below.

1. Extract the entire contents of the zip file.
2. If you are using Windows, ensure you have installed the latest Motorola USB drivers available for your phone.
3. Ensure your device has been rooted and you have a working installation of “su”.
4. Ensure USB Debugging mode is enabled on your device.
5. If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute “run.bat”. If you are using Linux or OS X, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute “./run.sh”.

Try doing a search on saferoot. Once successfully rooted, try unlocking your bootloader again.

Sent from my ME173X using XDA Free mobile app

Damn, sorry about that. I used myth to unlock the bootloader and don't recall rooting first since I didn't intend to run a stock ROM.
23rd June 2014, 04:32 AM   |  #183  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I am now roooooted!!
Guys I am so HAPPY , ELATED, GLAD, EXCITED,.... lol
I got root to work. I tried saferoot, i tried motochopper, none worked. Most probably because i recently updated my phone last week. So i found this awesome video and it worked!!!
This thing doesnt allow me to paste video url . Just go on youtube and look for "how to root android 4.1.2 Jellybean universal method". once done rooting , you will have to install supersu instead of superuser like the guy does in the video.
And soon after that I used MOTOCALYPSE to unlock my bootloader!!!! Thankyou Dan Rosenberg!!
YES you do need to be rooted for the motocalypse to work.! I know because i tried it couple times yesterday andd it failed.
8th August 2014, 06:07 PM   |  #184  
Thanks Meter: 1

19 posts
Hey all.
I replaced my AHD about six months ago, but left that phone in a cab, so it's back to the AHD. As soon as I fired it back up, the software install message came on. I downloaded it, but it failed to install. After trying again a few more times, I figured I could find some answers here.
My phone is rooted with the bootloader unlocked. Flashing a new ROM appeared to be out of my league, so I stopped after that. I removed some of the bloatware, and it appears from these forums that this is the reason why the update won't install. (I'll remember next time to freeze them instead of removing them - or save a backup).

Do I need to figure out how to flash the stock ROM or can I sideload the missing apps? As mentioned before, I was not really able to follow the instructions on how to flash a ROM, so I would need an idiot-proof guide (if one exists). Side loading the missing apps would be more my speed, but then I'd have to figure out which ones I'm missing, and find the apk files.

Thanks for your help.
8th August 2014, 08:58 PM   |  #185  
OP Senior Member
Flag Varies
Thanks Meter: 77

167 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo45

Do I need to figure out how to flash the stock ROM or can I sideload the missing apps? As mentioned before, I was not really able to follow the instructions on how to flash a ROM, so I would need an idiot-proof guide (if one exists). Side loading the missing apps would be more my speed, but then I'd have to figure out which ones I'm missing, and find the apk files.

Yes, the reason you're having issues is most certainly because you uninstalled stock apps instead of freezing/disabling them. And there's really no way to sideload any of the updated stuff, so your only real option (if you want the update) is to flash back to stock.
Easiest way to do that is to use Mythtools. There's instructions over in that thread about how to flash stock firmware. Latest firmware can be downloaded from here for your specific device: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/phone.php?device=7
If you use the latest version 98.5.38, it already includes the update.

Your bootloader will still be unlocked, but you'll otherwise have to follow all the original instructions to re-root your device.
Not sure if you ever changed to a custom recovery, but the above process will flash you back to stock recovery during the process.

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to quasihellfish For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th August 2014, 07:25 AM   |  #186  
Thanks Meter: 282

592 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fungo45

Hey all.
I replaced my AHD about six months ago, but left that phone in a cab, so it's back to the AHD. As soon as I fired it back up, the software install message came on. I downloaded it, but it failed to install. After trying again a few more times, I figured I could find some answers here.
My phone is rooted with the bootloader unlocked. Flashing a new ROM appeared to be out of my league, so I stopped after that. I removed some of the bloatware, and it appears from these forums that this is the reason why the update won't install. (I'll remember next time to freeze them instead of removing them - or save a backup).

Thanks for your help.

Testifying to what quasihellfish said. Using Titanium Backup I I had deleted some AT&T bloat but doing so made it impossible to take the OTA. So I had to download the appropriate AT&T stock ROM, flashed it to the phone using Mythtools v1.3, then took the OTA and went from there.

For what is worth by way of reassurance, flashing can be fairly easy and quick once you have a backup/restore/flash combination that you know works. I use Philz Touch 6.19.3/Clockworkmod v6.0.4.7 to backup, flash and restore and am now at the point where I can backup, install a ROM for a brief test and recover to my original ROM in less than an hour.
12th August 2014, 06:48 PM   |  #187  
Flag Ft. Walton Beach
Thanks Meter: 773

2,036 posts
More
@skeevydude interesting post on Moto's AHD forum. Was there ever a secret ATT branded 4.1.2? and if there was, based off of your knowledge of this update, is it even remotely possible for this 4.1.1 update to be received and flashed?
11th September 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #188  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 392

2,055 posts
More
What "System Version" does you phone show after you've applied the OTA? Please mention how you flashed the OTA, i.e. via OTA, manually, myth and/or RSD.

Mine currently shows 98.5.38.MB886.ATT.en.US, after editing the XML and adding a reboot bootloader. Previously showed 98.4.20..MB886.ATT.en.US having come from 4.1.2 98.2.2.MB886.NII.en.MX and had all sorts of fails switching between roms and getting the OTA to apply right.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread