Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] ME7 to NC5 with gigilie's 4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap

OP lp_123

29th June 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Please help, I have been trying to upgrade from rooted ME7 to NC5 using gigilie's4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap method. I am able to flash the odin image in the AP slot, it passes, but then when my phone resets I get "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless...". I am able to get back into download mode, but a little stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying not to freak here.

Thanks in advance.
29th June 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp_123

Please help, I have been trying to upgrade from rooted ME7 to NC5 using gigilie's4.x-to-4.4.2-SAFEUP-or-DOWNgrade w Root&SafeStrap method. I am able to flash the odin image in the AP slot, it passes, but then when my phone resets I get "System software not authorized by Verizon Wireless...". I am able to get back into download mode, but a little stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am trying not to freak here.

Thanks in advance.

Trying Surge's Odin NC5 Factory "full wipe", downloading .pit and.zip now...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172
Last edited by lp_123; 29th June 2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: provide link to surges NC5 Odin image
29th June 2014, 11:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lp_123

Trying Surge's Odin NC5 Factory "full wipe", downloading .pit and.zip now...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2735172

Surge's Full wipe fixed the issue (THANK YOU!!!!!).

Now to the fun of trying to mod a stock phone again
7th September 2014, 11:17 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
Getting to download mode
Ok I had exactly the problem that you had, with an added twist. My volume up button is a little mashed, so it's permanently pressed in. If I don't pres anything it always boots to recovery; to boot normally I had to press volume down as well. This means I can't get into download mode at all to re flash...

I tried to force my phone to reboot to download mode from adb, but it's not being recognized. So. I'm stuck. Anyone have suggestions?
11th September 2014, 05:50 AM   |  #5  
Flag Wayzata
Thanks Meter: 102

307 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxusValtron

Ok I had exactly the problem that you had, with an added twist. My volume up button is a little mashed, so it's permanently pressed in. If I don't pres anything it always boots to recovery; to boot normally I had to press volume down as well. This means I can't get into download mode at all to re flash...

I tried to force my phone to reboot to download mode from adb, but it's not being recognized. So. I'm stuck. Anyone have suggestions?

You can try the 4way reboot menu through XposedFramework and reboot to recovery.

[Edit]: The name of the module is "Advanced Power Menu"
Jesus loves you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread