Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Security Policy Updates notification

Tip us?

hardener
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I (like OP), just assume they're trying to get us to "pre-approve" their updating of the SELinux policies, patching the OS, or some other hardening features to prevent future rooting (and yeah, giving them the benefit of the doubt, probably fight "real" malware too, like it claims, which I'll take my chances on for now). So, since it seems the only way to turn off the nagging notification (until we root) is to blindly accept whatever it is, I just ignore it.

Well... Except for (obviously) searching here to see if you guys are seeing the same thing.

Fyrezerk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is there any further information on this? I'm currently rooted and started receiving the updates. I declined them a couple times and then decided to uninstall the service with Titanium. I'm afraid that accepting the security update will ruin my current root.

LoSt180
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrezerk View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but is there any further information on this? I'm currently rooted and started receiving the updates. I declined them a couple times and then decided to uninstall the service with Titanium. I'm afraid that accepting the security update will ruin my current root.
I've accepted the updates since I got my phone, was able to root and hasn't messed with root access. A rooted phone with out of date security updates seems like a prime target to me.

ChrisTepes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Freeze security policy update in titanium backup

Assassyn
Old
Thanks Meter 51
I had an update forced on my phone but it failed. I know they're trying to block my root access. How can I disable the ota update?

Waiting4MyAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassyn View Post
I had an update forced on my phone but it failed. I know they're trying to block my root access. How can I disable the ota update?
To stop all OTA and Security Updates, freeze the following:

AT&T Software Update.
FWUpgrade.
LocalFOTA.
Samsung Push Service.
Security Policy Updates.
1-Samsung Galaxy S5, Rooted.
----------------------------------------------
2-HTC One GPe
Stock KitKat 4.4.4