Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,540 Members 38,373 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How-To][Tutorial] Downgrade Kit Kat 4.4.2 to JB 4.1.2

Tip us?

lwest1012
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default help

I successfully unlocked the boot loader and rooted my razor m and my wife's. Thanks to this post I downgraded both phones to jellybean, flashed CWM recovery, and re rooted the phones. Almost immediately we started receiving update notifications which we were ignoring. Today my wife accidentally selected to update to kit kat. The phone powered off and began installing update. Halfway through install the phone went into CWM recovery and asks if you want to continue to install untrusted zip. Upon selecting no and go back the phone powers on for about a min and then reboots into recovery. Is this fixable? And if so, how?

lwest1012
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default help again please

I unlocked the bootloader, rooted, downgraded to jellybean, flashed CWM recovery, and rooted again both my RAZR M and my wife's. Shortly after doing so we began to receive notifications to update to Kitkat and we ignored them. My wife accidentally selected to update and her phone shutdown and began to install the update. Half way through the install the phone went into recovery which asks "Install untrusted package?" At the bottom it says "failed to verify whole-file signature". When I select "no" or "go back" the phone boots up for approximately a minute then shuts down and starts the update install again. I haven't selected "Yes- install untrusted zip" for fear of causing more damage. If this is fixable please help.

ATTACK
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwest1012 View Post
I unlocked the bootloader, rooted, downgraded to jellybean, flashed CWM recovery, and rooted again both my RAZR M and my wife's. Shortly after doing so we began to receive notifications to update to Kitkat and we ignored them. My wife accidentally selected to update and her phone shutdown and began to install the update. Half way through the install the phone went into recovery which asks "Install untrusted package?" At the bottom it says "failed to verify whole-file signature". When I select "no" or "go back" the phone boots up for approximately a minute then shuts down and starts the update install again. I haven't selected "Yes- install untrusted zip" for fear of causing more damage. If this is fixable please help.
Delete, rename or freeze the below app (dependent on version) to avoid the update.

Jellybean - Updater.apk (I believe this is the name, but I'm unsure.)
KitKat - 3c_OTA.apk
DROID RAZR M
AOSPIFIED 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lwest1012
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default how to fix

OK but how do I fix my current problem? The phone tries to install the update and half way through it goes into recovery. Regardless of what I select in recovery the phone powers on for a minute then shuts down and starts the whole process over again. Like I said before I haven't selected "yes" in recovery for fear of causing more damage.

ATTACK
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwest1012 View Post
OK but how do I fix my current problem? The phone tries to install the update and half way through it goes into recovery. Regardless of what I select in recovery the phone powers on for a minute then shuts down and starts the whole process over again. Like I said before I haven't selected "yes" in recovery for fear of causing more damage.
You'll need to restore via RSD Lite or mfastboot the system.img.

Sent from my Scorpion Mini
DROID RAZR M
AOSPIFIED 4.4.2
DEV-HOST
The Following User Says Thank You to ATTACK For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lwest1012
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default how to

So go ahead with the update then restore system.IMG? Because right now there is no way to get into fastboot mode.