Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 50,272 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD/PORT]: Note 3's S-Pen Air (with Air Command Feature) for Note 8

Tip us?

Mystero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im not sure if i read it here or at Civato rom thread but somewhere was something about maybe different HW at spen from Note 3 and Note 8. So that is not true...i have both and i can use spen from Note 8 at my Note 3 and Air command is fully working...mean launching with spen button

styles420
Old
Thanks Meter 1,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystero View Post
Im not sure if i read it here or at Civato rom thread but somewhere was something about maybe different HW at spen from Note 3 and Note 8. So that is not true...i have both and i can use spen from Note 8 at my Note 3 and Air command is fully working...mean launching with spen button
Also, drawing apps on my Note 8 can switch pens or toggle the eraser by hovering and clicking the s button, so there's an example of the note 8 hardware responding to the button while hovering - we just need the systemui software to respond to the button by running the air command gui
"What is this?! When does this happen in the movie?!"

"Now, sir. You're looking at now - everything that's happening now, is happening now."

sasa31
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Doesn't it works with official rom 4.4.2 ?
I wish I could have these all on my official rom !
Can somebody help me?

ganggreen777
Old
Thanks Meter 78
Does this still only work with 'flexnote 1.5' or is this been updated to haveing it work with the latest 2.1 rom of his

CCallahan
Old
Thanks Meter 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasa31 View Post
Doesn't it works with official rom 4.4.2 ?
I wish I could have these all on my official rom !
Can somebody help me?
Yes. Should work on official rom but how depends on the model of your Note. The 5100 is trickier to get working with Wifi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganggreen777 View Post
Does this still only work with 'flexnote 1.5' or is this been updated to haveing it work with the latest 2.1 rom of his
Wording has not been updated because all newer versions of Flexnote have the Air Command install option in Aroma already. No need for an additional package from this thread.
CURRENT DEVICES
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
HTC Flyer
Asus Eee Pad Transformer

---------------------------------------------------
All Projects Currently On Hold