Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,247 Members 47,758 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What software are you using?
Stock JB 5 12.82%
Stock KK 23 58.97%
CM10 0 0%
CM11 11 28.21%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LG L9 II (D605) discussion

Tip us?

RaawrItsTomi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosz1000 View Post
Usage:72%
Free: 217MB
Used: 546
Oh sorry I meant TOP Apps not ram usage swipe on the top bar til you get there then press the menu button and enable system processes and then tap on RAM above the column to sort by ram usage. I'm just seeing if you're having the exact same issue as me.

But do this when the phone kills apps and launcher

Sent from my LG-D605 using Tapatalk

dinosz1000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaawrItsTomi View Post
Oh sorry I meant TOP Apps not ram usage swipe on the top bar til you get there then press the menu button and enable system processes and then tap on RAM above the column to sort by ram usage. I'm just seeing if you're having the exact same issue as me.

But do this when the phone kills apps and launcher

Did what you said and this is the list:
Facebook ram 67mb
System Monitor Lite ram 21mb
Android System ram:64mb
Settings Storage ram:64mb
LocationServices ram: 64mb

RaawrItsTomi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Facebook ram 67mb
Okay I don't see the mediaserver issue here. Facebook app and messenger are both bloat that always run in background and fill your ram. I suggest you to use the m.facebook.com on your browser. And this is a common issue with the stock rom. Simply put all the LG bloat fills up your ram and there's not enough space for background apps.

Avamander
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:
Facebook ram 67mb
Try greenify and hibernate facebook crap.

dinosz1000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaawrItsTomi View Post
Okay I don't see the mediaserver issue here. Facebook app and messenger are both bloat that always run in background and fill your ram. I suggest you to use the m.facebook.com on your browser. And this is a common issue with the stock rom. Simply put all the LG bloat fills up your ram and there's not enough space for background apps.

I uninstalled the facebook app a few days ago and used the browser instead but, still, sometimes when i press the home button, the android ui isn't loaded and the icons show after 2 seconds. What i've understood is that the phone kills whatever it finds running to free ram (which i think is a bit stupid). My RAZR which also had 1gb ram didn't do this. Anyway probably have to get used to it till i change to a custom rom later on (although don't wanna do that cause for over a year with the RAZR i was intsalling new roms every week 'cause they were never stable).

An other thing I've noticed is that some apps are restricted to delete or save files on the SD Card. Ex. I'm using QuickPic for image viewing, and I tried deleting some photos which are on the SD Card. They keep coming back. Had to go to the phone file browser and delete them from there. Also when I used AirDroid I couldn't save photo to the sd card. Anyone know what's going on? Is there a permission I have to change?

RaawrItsTomi
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
I uninstalled the facebook app a few days ago and used the browser instead but, still, sometimes when i press the home button, the android ui isn't loaded and the icons show after 2 seconds. What i've understood is that the phone kills whatever it finds running to free ram (which i think is a bit stupid). My RAZR which also had 1gb ram didn't do this. Anyway probably have to get used to it till i change to a custom rom later on (although don't wanna do that cause for over a year with the RAZR i was intsalling new roms every week 'cause they were never stable).

An other thing I've noticed is that some apps are restricted to delete or save files on the SD Card. Ex. I'm using QuickPic for image viewing, and I tried deleting some photos which are on the SD Card. They keep coming back. Had to go to the phone file browser and delete them from there. Also when I used AirDroid I couldn't save photo to the sd card. Anyone know what's going on? Is there a permission I have to change?
Simply put the LG stock rom is sh!t. It kept doing that on me so I switched to cyanogenmod. Oh and it's a sdcard permission "feature" that was introduced in kit kat. Currently the only fix is root and sdcard Fix but that didn't seem to work on quick pic so I'm not quite sure.

The Following User Says Thank You to RaawrItsTomi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Avamander
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Quote:

Install XPosed framework and there's a module thay fixes that KK SD Card s***.
The Following User Says Thank You to Avamander For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dinosz1000
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Ok thanks everyone!

Avamander
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 125
Does anyone know a app that sets the brightness based on the front camera picture? As D605 doesn't have light sensor I would really like if there was a app like that.

aftergr
Old
Thanks Meter 90
Lux lite

Tags
d605, faq, kitkat, root, tutorial