[Q] Application to monitor network speed?

OP TarekElsakka

9th February 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 102

871 posts
More
Hello there

As we all know, Mobile Internet is tricky because it is dependent on the signal, towers and such. In my apartment alone, it is very fast in some rooms and slow in others. I was looking for an application that would constantly monitor the download/upload speed so I can move to a spot that is faster and such when I am outside because I already know where they are in my house by now.

I found this application called Network Speed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...speed.pt&hl=en

It seems good so far, stable and fast. However, do such applications eat up a lot of battery? I have Power Saver Mode ON all the time and I have bulletproof kernel and some other tweaks which give me a good battery life which I don't want to sacrifice.

Also does anyone know of any other applications similar to Network Speed that are, perhaps, better and/or more efficient?

Thank you very much.
9th February 2014, 08:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 291

1,164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekElsakka

Hello there

As we all know, Mobile Internet is tricky because it is dependent on the signal, towers and such. In my apartment alone, it is very fast in some rooms and slow in others. I was looking for an application that would constantly monitor the download/upload speed so I can move to a spot that is faster and such when I am outside because I already know where they are in my house by now.

I found this application called Network Speed: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...speed.pt&hl=en

It seems good so far, stable and fast. However, do such applications eat up a lot of battery? I have Power Saver Mode ON all the time and I have bulletproof kernel and some other tweaks which give me a good battery life which I don't want to sacrifice.

Also does anyone know of any other applications similar to Network Speed that are, perhaps, better and/or more efficient?

Thank you very much.

Network Monitor Mini
The Following User Says Thank You to kamilmirza For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th February 2014, 08:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Cairo
Thanks Meter: 102

871 posts
More
I love that application. Thank you very much for sharing.
9th February 2014, 09:02 PM   |  #4  
Flag Lahore
Thanks Meter: 291

1,164 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarekElsakka

I love that application. Thank you very much for sharing.

PRO version is more awesome
11th September 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I tried the PRO version of Internet Speed Meter (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...et.speed.meter) and while I like it because I'm not looking for an overlay (I really just wanted the speed meter like in AllianceROM), this does that except it also has a panel in the Notification Screen I really wish wasnt there taking up space.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread