Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Connect ALL THE THINGS with Xender

Smartphones, with all of their all connectivity options courtesy of OEMs, can easily connect themselves … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Can't access recovery

OP SxcKieranGrr

6th July 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #11  
Flag Bris Vegas
Thanks Meter: 161

1,041 posts
More
I'm in the exact same position. I flashed monx 438 rom and I don't know what happened, I can't get into recovery either. I'm on unlocked bootloader. I have tried flashing the boot.img from 438 advanced stock kernel but at the command prompt it keeps on saying waiting for device. I have root access.
Last edited by spuri78; 6th July 2014 at 05:39 PM.
6th July 2014, 06:38 PM   |  #12  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 5

95 posts
Donate to Me
More
Same here.

I have a stock .402 ROM, unlocked bootloader and rooted. Have flashed the recovery a few times, and still cant get into it. Even when trying to access recovery via cmd prompt "adb reboot recovery"
14th July 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I too am in the same boat... I rooted my phone, primarily to add the kitkat sd card fix, which works...
Then I went through the motion of unlocking bootloader, which I assume worked cos it wiped my phone clean. Had to reinstall everything...
Then I went through the motion of installing Cwm recovery. This went through OK. Well according to the command prompt it did.
But still I can't access recovery. I get no flashing LED lights before the Sony logo comes up, and then it just boots into normal phone mode.
I am on UK 3 network if it makes any difference......
I'd really love to be able to access my recovery cos I'm dying to apply the dual speaker and volume hack....
Don't know where to go from here..........

Just to add, I flashed to firmware 402 (uk unbranded) and re-rooted the phone and re-installed cwm recovery, but I get no led lights and no recovery mode. Oh well, just like a number one hit for 'the who', it was never meant to be....lol
Last edited by wastedagen; 16th July 2014 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Add more info
11th September 2014, 05:27 PM   |  #14  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 31

904 posts
More
sorry to resurrect but I have the same issue. how did you guys get back into recovery
11th September 2014, 05:58 PM   |  #15  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 1,277

3,024 posts
Donate to Me
More
I use a kernel with recovery

Vol up - cwm
Vol down - twrp
Cam key - philz
11th September 2014, 06:19 PM   |  #16  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 31

904 posts
More
I can't flash kernol because I can't get into recovery even using the app to force boot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread