FORUMS

What Do You Think About Fingerprint Scanners?

More and more phones are featuring fingerprint scanners, and with many promising … more

What’s Next for Samsung and Its Flagships?

If we were to say that the Galaxy S6 was a leap of faith made by Samsung, we … more

The Ultimate Showcase of dBrand Skins

In the search for ways to protect, accessorize, and personalize; a user has many options. One … more

Huawei’s Rapid Rise to Third Place in the Smartphone Race

Huawei has quickly grown to become one of the world’s biggest … more

[Q] Can't access recovery

152 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By SxcKieranGrr, Senior Member on 28th June 2014, 07:06 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
6th July 2014, 04:25 PM |#11  
Flag Bris Vegas
Thanks Meter: 201

More
I'm in the exact same position. I flashed monx 438 rom and I don't know what happened, I can't get into recovery either. I'm on unlocked bootloader. I have tried flashing the boot.img from 438 advanced stock kernel but at the command prompt it keeps on saying waiting for device. I have root access.
Last edited by spuri78; 6th July 2014 at 04:39 PM.

6th July 2014, 05:38 PM |#12  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Same here.

I have a stock .402 ROM, unlocked bootloader and rooted. Have flashed the recovery a few times, and still cant get into it. Even when trying to access recovery via cmd prompt "adb reboot recovery"
14th July 2014, 04:53 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I too am in the same boat... I rooted my phone, primarily to add the kitkat sd card fix, which works...
Then I went through the motion of unlocking bootloader, which I assume worked cos it wiped my phone clean. Had to reinstall everything...
Then I went through the motion of installing Cwm recovery. This went through OK. Well according to the command prompt it did.
But still I can't access recovery. I get no flashing LED lights before the Sony logo comes up, and then it just boots into normal phone mode.
I am on UK 3 network if it makes any difference......
I'd really love to be able to access my recovery cos I'm dying to apply the dual speaker and volume hack....
Don't know where to go from here..........

Just to add, I flashed to firmware 402 (uk unbranded) and re-rooted the phone and re-installed cwm recovery, but I get no led lights and no recovery mode. Oh well, just like a number one hit for 'the who', it was never meant to be....lol
Last edited by wastedagen; 16th July 2014 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Add more info
11th September 2014, 04:27 PM |#14  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 36

More
sorry to resurrect but I have the same issue. how did you guys get back into recovery
11th September 2014, 04:58 PM |#15  
Recognized Contributor
Imagination
Thanks Meter: 2,111

Donate to Me
More
I use a kernel with recovery

Vol up - cwm
Vol down - twrp
Cam key - philz
11th September 2014, 05:19 PM |#16  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I can't flash kernol because I can't get into recovery even using the app to force boot
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread