Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,448 Members 40,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][HOW-TO] Add Flashlight quick toggle [4.3|4.4]

Tip us?

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,941

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcran75 View Post
Yes
Send me the files in PM. Send me both before you modified it and after so I can compare them and I will see if I can find anything.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkAngel
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quick question to see if anyone may know right off. I did the flashlight mod for 4.4 on the L600 Mega. Both SecSettings and SystemUI compiled correctly and had no errors. I can view it in the notification panel where I can modify the tabs in the order I want but when it comes to the pull down it does not show. Everything has been modded including the settings.db as well. I am trying to see what else I can probably do to make it show. Any suggestions?
SGN2 (SPH-L900)- NE2/Running 4.4.2 TW Rwilco/Community Rom Mix/Philz CWM
SGS3 (SPH-L710)- ND8/Stock w/ S5 Apps, Rooted w/ All the Goodys/Philz CWM
SGS4 (SPH-L720)- NAE/Stock, Rooted/Philz CWM
SGM (SPH-L600)- NE4/Stock w/ S5 Apps, Rooted/Philz CWM
Nabi2 (NABI2-NV7A)- 4.1 JB/Stock, Rooted & Monarch UI Removed/TWRP 2.8.0.0 Recovery
"Fuhu Nabi Wiki" <--Click to view

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,941

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel View Post
Quick question to see if anyone may know right off. I did the flashlight mod for 4.4 on the L600 Mega. Both SecSettings and SystemUI compiled correctly and had no errors. I can view it in the notification panel where I can modify the tabs in the order I want but when it comes to the pull down it does not show. Everything has been modded including the settings.db as well. I am trying to see what else I can probably do to make it show. Any suggestions?
Did you try the smali file from post 283 yet?

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DarkAngel
Old
(Last edited by DarkAngel; 4th September 2014 at 03:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdunham View Post
Did you try the smali file from post 283 yet?

Will do in a bit. I must have skimmed through that portion and not noticed the S5 notation at the bottom as well.
Nabi2 (NABI2-NV7A)- 4.1 JB/Stock, Rooted & Monarch UI Removed/TWRP 2.8.0.0 Recovery

DarkAngel
Old
(Last edited by DarkAngel; 4th September 2014 at 03:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 221
Finally! Thank you tdunham. I needed a nudge on the final steps. Been busting my brains on this for some time now. I did what you suggested of course but found that I also needed to do what Versatile1 also had done on post#289. After, I compiled and pushed over to the Mega. There was about a 30 second to 1 minutes delay before the light turned on for the first time but after, it switched on and off at every toggle there after.

Also working on the S5 Launcher. Everything works except one thing on the S5 Launcher which is in the "Edit Page" mode. Need to figure out the values to increase the dp and why I can not add pages. Last pic shows it. After, the S5 Launcher with Theme Chooser and all it's perks will be working perfectly.

Thank you all for the great tuts and info. The SPH-L600 on NE4 KitKat officially has the Flashlight Mod now to also include the 4-way Reboot Menu that I ported as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkAngel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mxmr
Old
(Last edited by mxmr; 7th September 2014 at 10:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 134
Default [Troubleshooting] Help getting toggle to show

Perhaps one of you can shed some light on the issue I'm having...Cooking a personal custom NG2 rom for the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Modded SecSettings and SystemUI according to OP and post #283 (and the few that followed).
Compiled, decompiled, edited the references, recompiled. Everything seems to be good.

Put the two APKs in /system/priv-app and built a test version of the rom. SystemUI doesn't load (no status bar and settings appear to fc).
So I pulled the logcat and it fails signature verification. Did some googling and edited services.jar to skip signature verification.

Pushed that and rebooted. This time systemui loads fine, the status bar is there and notifications all work. But there is no flashlight toggle. So I tried flashing the enabletogglezip in the Update portion of the OP, but to no avail - it did not add the toggle.

Frustrated, I flashed this mod, and interestingly enough two flashlight toggles are added (both work fine). This leads me to believe the apks compiled correctly and have the new images and smali where it needs to be. But it's not getting added to the notification toggles.

Thoughts? Any tips are appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip flashlight.txt.zip - [Click for QR Code] (208.7 KB, 10 views)

bombaybadboy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,602
Hi guys i wanted to ask how to fix a problem with adding this mod to a theme. I have made this mod a few times without any problems but i built a s5 themed version and lost toggle text and wondered if anyone has any advice how to fix. Im building for i9500 i should add and works fine except text

Sent from my GT-I9500
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1410296249228.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (30.7 KB, 85 views)

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,941

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaybadboy View Post
Hi guys i wanted to ask how to fix a problem with adding this mod to a theme. I have made this mod a few times without any problems but i built a s5 themed version and lost toggle text and wondered if anyone has any advice how to fix. Im building for i9500 i should add and works fine except text

Sent from my GT-I9500
I can't remember. Did you add both entries together in notificationpanelmenu.smali where one of them is reversed?

---------- Post added at 04:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

Oh, check your quicksetting flashlight smali for the text public value too. I think that's where it really is.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bombaybadboy
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,602
Yes m8 i added both entries in notificationpanelmenu.smali and its worked normally in a number of the mods i built. I will take a look at the flashlight smali thanks also i did make some edits in value/drawable. xml but i would have thought if thats the problem i would lose all text.

Sent from my GT-I9500

mxmr
Old
(Last edited by mxmr; 11th September 2014 at 11:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxmr View Post
Perhaps one of you can shed some light on the issue I'm having...Cooking a personal custom NG2 rom for the Sprint Galaxy S4.

Modded SecSettings and SystemUI according to OP and post #283 (and the few that followed).
Compiled, decompiled, edited the references, recompiled. Everything seems to be good.

Put the two APKs in /system/priv-app and built a test version of the rom. SystemUI doesn't load (no status bar and settings appear to fc).
So I pulled the logcat and it fails signature verification. Did some googling and edited services.jar to skip signature verification.

Pushed that and rebooted. This time systemui loads fine, the status bar is there and notifications all work. But there is no flashlight toggle. So I tried flashing the enabletogglezip in the Update portion of the OP, but to no avail - it did not add the toggle.

Frustrated, I flashed this mod, and interestingly enough two flashlight toggles are added (both work fine). This leads me to believe the apks compiled correctly and have the new images and smali where it needs to be. But it's not getting added to the notification toggles.

Thoughts? Any tips are appreciated.
So after starting from scratch and re-doing everything, hoping I made a simple error, I am getting the same result.

So instead of adding the flashlight toggle, I figured I'd experiment and try REPLACING one of the standard toggles with the flashlight toggle to see if that made any difference. So in SystemUI and SecSettings I replaced all of the Reading Mode strings with the corresponding flashlight toggle strings (but I did not remove reading mode images in drawable-xxhpi). After I compiled, decompiled, edited references, and recompiled, I pushed to system/priv-app and flashed the zip in the OP to add the toggles to system.db. Nothing changed! it still is displaying a working reading mode icon in the quicksetting toggles

Thoughts? I am determined to break this horse despite my lack of knowledge and skill. Any feedback or tips are appreciated.

Tags
4.3, 4.4, flashlight, flashlight toggle, toggle