Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3rd party Qi wireless receiver

Tip us?

b0ng0
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Just tried the Fone Salesman 0.5mm card. It is indeed very thin except that there is a bulge at the top.

This has the effect of actually raising up the case near the camera more than the 1.3mm card I got with my CHOE charger. Apart from this the card is very slim and adds almost zero bulk. But given it potentially compromises the seal in the case more than a thicker, cheaper card, I don't think I'll be keeping it.

This of course is all just personal experience and opinion, others may find the card more suitable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

kms108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng0 View Post
Just tried the Fone Salesman 0.5mm card. It is indeed very thin except that there is a bulge at the top.

This has the effect of actually raising up the case near the camera more than the 1.3mm card I got with my CHOE charger. Apart from this the card is very slim and adds almost zero bulk. But given it potentially compromises the seal in the case more than a thicker, cheaper card, I don't think I'll be keeping it.

This of course is all just personal experience and opinion, others may find the card more suitable.

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app
Is this the slim card, or the normal one, the slim card is the ultra thin one, and apparently they have charged the design of it, and the newest version is slightly worst as the chipset is located just under the camera area and will create a slight bulge.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini Duos I9192

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST
Xiao Mi Piston IF Edition

b0ng0
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
Is this the slim card, or the normal one, the slim card is the ultra thin one, and apparently they have charged the design of it, and the newest version is slightly worst as the chipset is located just under the camera area and will create a slight bulge.
Yeah it's the ultra thin one, which you would expect to have the least buldge - however you're correct, the chipset must be located at the top and this is causing quite the buldge.

Any recommendations as to which Qi card gives the smallest buldge as my CHOE Qi card isn't exactly the thinnest...

kms108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Yeah it's the ultra thin one, which you would expect to have the least buldge - however you're correct, the chipset must be located at the top and this is causing quite the buldge.

Any recommendations as to which Qi card gives the smallest buldge as my CHOE Qi card isn't exactly the thinnest...
actually the thinnest one is also the slimcard, but the old version, it's posted in the first post by powerqi(the original makers), there is 2 different version posted in the first post, both are thin.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

b0ng0
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108 View Post
actually the thinnest one is also the slimcard, but the old version, it's posted in the first post by powerqi(the original makers), there is 2 different version posted in the first post, both are thin.
Ah cheers - do you know if the old model is still sold and is it available in the UK?

Thanks mate.

kms108
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 846
Quote:
Ah cheers - do you know if the old model is still sold and is it available in the UK?

Thanks mate.
www.powerqi.com.cn

ask for a sample and a quotation with shipping cost, and see what the price is, most of the product fonesalesman sells are from powerqi, make sure you show them the photo from the first post and that you don't want the newer version, you can chat with them online.
Samsung Galaxy S5 SM900F

Sony XBA 3
Sony MDR EX600
Sony MDR EX800ST

mbaran
Old
Thanks Meter 11
is the consensus then that the #6 card is the thinnest and will retain all water resistance?